Vocal isht, (again!)

Metal is Religion

Anti-Christ
Jun 8, 2002
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Visit site
ok, if i got it right, the growls arent supposed to be louder than talking volume, its supposed to come from teh gut. if all this is true i got it, but what about the black metal voice? if thats supposed to be talking volume as well, than i got that too, just someone tell me if im right please!

I'm not an expert in black metal vocals, but I doubt the black metal style has to be in talking volume. As you may know, the black metal style uses screaming and screeching. The only thing you should be aware of is your vocal chords, remember that you could get hurt if you don't practice enough.

Well from my experience, the higher I go, the more I use my vocal chords. Maybe I'm just inexperienced, but it hurts my vocal chords when I do black metal vocals for a while. Good thing I do death vocals. :p

I don't think that BM-vocals should be talking volume....... I don't really think that the Deathmetal-growls should be talking volume either...... I noticed, that it seems to hurt my throat less if I do it at "full volume" (not "full force"). This also seems easier to me.
I always try to adjust the volume of the music to my volume when I growl/scream along to stuff instead of going the other way round.