Vocal fry technique/recording/processing?

Oceanfloorsmusic

New Metal Member
Dec 6, 2011
This is my first post, so excuse me if this is in the wrong spot. I am having trouble getting power to my vocal fry technique in the lower pitches. I have plenty of power in the high ranges, but I just can't seem to get power down in the low middle range (Underoaths LITSOS cd-ish spot) and also, unless I distort my vocals a decent amount when recording, they come out very raspy/crackly and weak sounding, although I scream at a little above talking volume and it sounds fine. I tried floorfish exciter and it just exacerbated the crackly raspyness. Any tips would be much appreciated please

Not at all trying to be a dick. The best advice I can give you is to keep practicing. The more you practice the better you should get. Practice what you are having trouble with the most. (insert cliche use your diaphragm line here) Then once you think you have it good try to keep making it better. For more detailed advice go here There are quite a few threads chock full of advice that will both make you better and make you suck. Find something that works for you and build your own methods.