Vocal Training

BassBangerEd

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hey Mike, what do you do to train and warm-up your voice? I have always wondered how you maintain your voice to sound like that. Your voice is absolutely amazing. Greetings from Puerto Rico :kickass:

Hey Mike, what do you do to train and warm-up your voice? I have always wondered how you maintain your voice to sound like that. Your voice is absolutely amazing. Greetings from Puerto Rico :kickass:

Hi Ed , thx for the kind words ;)

I have found out that this differs from singer to singer , so as you learn new stuff , you try it out to see if it really helps you. I used to do push-ups and sit-ups before a show , to get the whole body warm and ready , but now a days I don`t have anything special that I do before a show.

Russell Allen told me once before a show " I used to do scales and shit , but now I just talk all day and that gets the system ready to go " :headbang:

If I am soar or I feel that I am not "ready" I put on Whitesnake`s Stalkers in Tokyo , and just sing-a-long untill I feel more comfortable :)

I never drink alcohol on the day of a show , nor if I have a concert the day after.

Mikey

Even if you eat chalk and drink nails with vodka, still your voice will be #1 to me.
Can't wait to hear your new god given talent in your new album Mike.
Greetings from Greece (hope one day you will come, at least somewhere nearby ;) )

Even if you eat chalk and drink nails with vodka, still your voice will be #1 to me.
Can't wait to hear your new god given talent in your new album Mike.
Greetings from Greece (hope one day you will come, at least somewhere nearby ;) )

Hahahaha , don`t tempt me..always wanted to try out some chalk for the pipes ;)

Hey, Michael, I absolutely love Circus Maximus! Especially your voice! I'm just interested in the vocal exercises you did to achieve such a powerful upper range. I have a naturally low voice, and I really want to be able to sing higher. I'm taking vocal lessons, but they are pretty unfocused. I would really like to be able to use my head voice with power, and if you have any tips for me I couldn't thank you enough! I really hope to hear from you! -Tyler