Volbeat/Trivum tour

Kurt - You ever been to One Eyed Jacks (or whatever it is called)?
Seems they get a lot of doom / stoner / sludge shows there
(Which may or not be your thing..........)

When I was in NOLA a couple years back they were filiming a movie there so there were no shows.

LOL.....

I would add a ton more but not interested in seeing Justin try to justify them as a metal band.............

I'll do. Just thinking of their last album, if a band that has songs like Dead But Rising, Room 24, Doc Holliday or Ecotone can't qualify as metal, then I surely must not know what metal is.

I'll do. Just thinking of their last album, if a band that has songs like Dead But Rising, Room 24, Doc Holliday or Ecotone can't qualify as metal, then I surely must not know what metal is.

Musically they're pedestrian but ok. But that singer-ah has-ah some-ah work-ah to do on not being annoying. From what I've heard, at least. Warbly, thin, and too Hetfield-y.

Let's be honest. If this were 15 years ago, they would be touring with Dropkick Murphys or Social Distortion, and playing on WARPED TOUR, and you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

There is nothing wrong at all with liking Volbeat.
I am not knocking the band.

Them being considered a "metal" band is the product of marketing.

I can name many other greaser punk type bands then that should be heavy metal (who aren't , nor should they be)

Let's be honest. If this were 15 years ago, they would be touring with Dropkick Murphys or Social Distortion, and playing on WARPED TOUR, and you wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

There is nothing wrong at all with liking Volbeat.
I am not knocking the band.

Them being considered a "metal" band is the product of marketing.

I can name many other greaser punk type bands then that should be heavy metal (who aren't , nor should they be)

I'm done arguing about the "metalness" of Volbeat. Volbeat is definitely a band with various influences, but if you can't hear metal in their sound, then too bad for you.

In the last 4 years, 10x as many people have seen Volbeat live vs all of these bands combined. That has to hurt, I know.

Feel good knowing you are out on the fringe?
I thought of this video as I read your posts...and the comments pointed directly at you from 49 seconds on...
Smiley face!

Last edited by a moderator: