Volbeat/Trivum tour

You really think if they broke in the States in the mid 90s they would have been marketed as a metal band???

Wow, glad you don't work in marekting.

I think you're stacking hypotheticals on top of hypotheticals.

And in the mid '90s Volbeat mainman Michael Poulsen was very active in Dominus, a (wait for it) metal band.

HHAHAAHAHA DAMN!!!

I jason's defense he was talking about Volbeat the band...not members.

Dominus was death metal
Their 3rd album was called Vol Beat and was rockabilly death metal

dominus-volbeat.jpg

this is one of the worst album covers I have seen in a long time. Laugh at Manowar and others...but this ranks as one of the most unappealing covers that I have seen in a long time.

Justin, my point was how Volbeat WOULD have been marketed in the US if they had broke in the mid 90s...

I am sure you were a raging fan of that band in the mid 90s.....

I have heard enough to get what their sound is.
Yes, I have seen a number of videos.
Plus they play them all the time on XM (where I have heard them the most)

Why does it bother people that "I" don't think they are a metal band???

I think if you were well versed in Naked Raygun, Social Distortion, Stiff Little Fingers, Workin Stiffs, Dropkick Murphys, Oxymoron, Electric Frankenstein, the Hellacopters, etc, etc, you too may agree that "heavy metal" is not as much of their sound as you seem to think it is.

Sorry, it's my opinion. No idea why my opinion even means that much to folks around here.......... LOL............

I have heard enough to get what their sound is.
Yes, I have seen a number of videos.
Plus they play them all the time on XM (where I have heard them the most)

I think if you were well versed in Naked Raygun, Social Distortion, Stiff Little Fingers, Workin Stiffs, Dropkick Murphys, Oxymoron, Electric Frankenstein, the Hellacopters, etc, etc, you too may agree that "heavy metal" is not as much of their sound as you seem to think it is.

Sorry, it's my opinion. No idea why my opinion even means that much to folks around here.......... LOL............

It might - might, I say - have something to do with your attitude, and your trying to tell actual fans of the band "how it really is" with them.

But do let me know next time someone from Anthrax, Napalm Death, Kreator, Entombed or King freaking Diamond appears on a Dropkick Murphys album. Maybe then your comparison would make sense.

It's somewhat mind-boggling to me that people are wanting to push Volbeat to be a metal band rather than the obvious lumping in with Social D. The similarities are undeniable...

But do let me know next time someone from Anthrax, Napalm Death, Kreator, Entombed or King freaking Diamond appears on a Dropkick Murphys album. Maybe then your comparison would make sense.

Funny thing is, I once argued here (and still would) that Sepultura's Roots is basically a nu-metal album and was told very firmly that LOL GUEST SPOTS FROM KORN AND LIMP BIZKIT AND MIKE PATTON DON'T MEAN ANYTHING.

It's somewhat mind-boggling to me that people are wanting to push Volbeat to be a metal band rather than the obvious lumping in with Social D. The similarities are undeniable...

Funny thing is, I once argued here (and still would) that Sepultura's Roots is basically a nu-metal album and was told very firmly that LOL GUEST SPOTS FROM KORN AND LIMP BIZKIT AND MIKE PATTON DON'T MEAN ANYTHING.

The Social D influence is undeniable. So is the Johnny Cash influence. That doesn't make them a country band.

Look, if Freedom Call and Amaranthe get to be called metal, so does Volbeat.

This statement has nothing at all to do whether or not a band is a heavy metal band or not. Sorry.

Marketing is a powerful drug!!!!!!

Ten years ago people were duped into thinking various US hardcore bands were heavy metal bands.

I think the better question here is why you care so much about whether a band is metal or not. Like others have said, they have a diverse amount of influences, one of them being metal. Are they strictly metal? No, but a lot of their material sounds like it.

This is not the only band you've had this argument with though. You seem to care way too much whether a band is metal or not. It's juvenile and childish. If you don't like the band, cool, but I don't understand why you care so much.