VOLBEAT'S headlining (summer tour with ICED EARTH and HELLYEAH)

Okay do i go to Dream Theater on July 5 in El Paso, with the high Ticketbastard prices, plus parking, or do I take a 6 and half hour car trip July 7th to Tempe Az for VOLBEAT? ROADTRIP, hey Patrick we need to meet up before the show.
Also I will be making the trip to Tempe for NIGHTWISH. I will be there Sat afternoon leaving Monday Morning.

The six and a half hour road trip is going to cost you a heck of a lot more than ticketbastard fees. Besides how many times has DT actually played in El Paso? Probably not a whole lot I would venture to say.

just saw IE last month in Worcester; I'll opt out of Boston show, especially with the Red Sox home that night which means the Lansdowne St area will be a mess.

Well, all right. We have a Baltimore date.

Tour dates now include:

June
18 - Toronto, ON - Kool Haus
19 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore
21 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
22 - Huntington, NY - Paramount Theatre
23 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights
26 - Saint Paul, MN - Myth
27 - Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre
29 - Weyburn SK - Crescent Point Place
30 - Gibbons, AB - Boonstock 2012

July
2 - Billings, MT - Shrine Auditorium
3 - Spokane, WA - Knitting Factory
5 - Kennewick, WA - Toyota Ice Arena
6 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
7 - Reno, NV - Knitting Factory
8 - San Francisco, CA - The Warfield
10 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove
11 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
12 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
13 - Magna, UT - The Great Salt Air
15 - Colorado Springs, CO - City Auditorium
23 - Norva Theatre - Norfolk, VA
24 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live

Okay do i go to Dream Theater on July 5 in El Paso, with the high Ticketbastard prices, plus parking, or do I take a 6 and half hour car trip July 7th to Tempe Az for VOLBEAT? ROADTRIP, hey Patrick we need to meet up before the show.
Also I will be making the trip to Tempe for NIGHTWISH. I will be there Sat afternoon leaving Monday Morning.

Dude, are you going to Arizona??? As a Norwegian, I have to say: Beware of the one way streets!!!
Or wasn't the case where a Norwegian got 7,5 years in jail for accidentally (I assume) going against traffic (although no cars) with a weapon (defined by the judge as his car, so we all carry a weapon every day) in AZ covered much in US press???

Well, you back handedly contradicted yourself, though I dont believe that was your intent.

Just my opinion, but I don't think they are going to go over very well, aside from their own fans who will be there. Their look is extremely dated and probably won't appeal to most who aren't there for them.

I think they would have done much better trying to get on Sabaton or the DragonForce tours, for example. Something that appeals to a younger fan base, but one who would still not look at the band and say, "Wow, who the heck are those old guys who still wear jean jackets"

\/olbeat appeals to young fans as well. There was quite a mix the last time I saw them.

Dude, are you going to Arizona??? As a Norwegian, I have to say: Beware of the one way streets!!!
Or wasn't the case where a Norwegian got 7,5 years in jail for accidentally (I assume) going against traffic (although no cars) with a weapon (defined by the judge as his car, so we all carry a weapon every day) in AZ covered much in US press???

The incident took place in Winslow, AZ which is a Podunk town. The Volbeat show is in the greater Phoenix area not even close to where the incident took place. You can make your own determination as to the driver who is getting jail time.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018085220_apustouristswrongturn.html

Yeppers I will go to Arizona for the Volbeat Show, as well as Nightwish, you think it's bad with one-way streets in Arizona you ought to come here to El Paso. And no it wasn't even covered in the US press at all, this is the first I have heard of it. Coming from El Paso i will stay on I-10 from ElP to just outside Chandler Az then take the 202 for about 3 miles hit the 101 north then back on the 202 for less than a mile to the hotel(Best Western). The Marquee theater is about a mile from the hotel, North Scottsdale road left on E. Curry to the corner of E. Curry and N. Mills rd(730 nothe mills). No one way streets involved, thank God.

The six and a half hour road trip is going to cost you a heck of a lot more than ticketbastard fees. Besides how many times has DT actually played in El Paso? Probably not a whole lot I would venture to say.

The thing is I like Volbeat a lot better than DT. Plus it is time for my wife and I to take a road trip, to get away from El Paso.

I love Volbeat, and they're great live. But they're not a band I need 90 minutes of.

On another note, I'm really surprised Jon is has agreed to open this tour. Doesn't seem like him to be willing to go from headliner to opener.
Yea, I get that. Add on the venue being in Clifton Park, UGH! Still, it would be a fun road trip, no? Come on....wanna go, jff?

All I can say is, VOLBEAT THOROUGHLY KICKED MAJOR ASS LIVE
this past sunday @ Project 96.1's "Cinco De Mayo" show @ Verizon
Wireless Ampitheatre!!!

Although, I really would've really preferred to hear "Soulsweeper" or "Wild Rover Of Hell", "Maybelenne I Hofteholder", or even their badass Misfits cover
of "Angelfuck",
way more than the Dusty Springfield (& covered by the Bay City Rollers!)
song, "I Only Wanna Be With You",
I was STILL totally blown the fuck away live!!!

VOLBEAT RULES!!! :headbang:

Go see them immediately, They are fuckin' Incredible & Amazing!!!!
Absolutely one of my favorite bands & live performances
of this whole year!!! :kickass:

All I can say is, VOLBEAT THOROUGHLY KICKED MAJOR ASS LIVE
this past sunday @ Project 96.1's "Cinco De Mayo" show @ Verizon
Wireless Ampitheatre!!!

Although, I really would've really preferred to hear "Soulsweeper" or "Wild Rover Of Hell", "Maybelenne I Hofteholder", or even their badass Misfits cover
of "Angelfuck",
way more than the Dusty Springfield (& covered by the Bay City Rollers!)
song, "I Only Wanna Be With You",
I was STILL totally blown the fuck away live!!!

VOLBEAT RULES!!! :headbang:

Go see them immediately, They are fuckin' Incredible & Amazing!!!!
Absolutely one of my favorite bands & live performances
of this whole year!!! :kickass:

Yep I'd love that Wild Rover Of Hell and Soulsweeper could be in the setlist...

How long did they play? Last year in Montreal, it was around 75 minutes including the encores. I'm gonna do the 6-hour drive to see them with my wife in Clifton Park, NY. Will be my third time seeing them, but the 1st time for my wife, who also loves the band.

Also, how long does Iced Earth play? Probably 30 minutes or so...

They usually change their set list nightly... ** set list to follow **

(from their web site)
May 10, 2012
Set List:

A Warrior's Call
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
Radio Girl
Sad Man's Tongue
Hallelujah Goat
Marry Ann's Place
Who They Are
Fallen
Caroline Leaving
Heaven Nor Hell
16 Dollars
We
River Queen
Another Day, Another Way
Angelfuck
The Mirror & The Ripper
----------------------------------------
The Human Instrument
I Only Wanna Be With You
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting

Angelfuck

I only saw the MISFITS do this sone ONE time!
Pretty cool they covered a more obscure tune.

Still shocked as hell that hard rock and metal crowds have taken to these guys. If this were 10 years ago they would be regular tour mates with Social Distortion, Flogging Molly, or Dropkick Murphys.