Volterra Kernel Technology (Something for GuitarHack)

Frankzappa

Jun 14, 2007
There is a plugin called NAT 3, that samples stuff (analog geaar, compressors, preamps, cabs, amps etc.) It creates like an impulse, but it captures dynamics and distortion as well. When sampled, you can use it in a program called Nebula 3.

I have heard a recording of a guitar using NAT 2 (previous version) to sample a poweramp/cab/mic. It was played with Revalver III and it just blew me away. The micing was not that great but I was amazed at how it captured the cabinet thump, punch and it really sounded like it was moving air. A regular impulse just captures the EQ and reverb, but this adds a third dimension to the sound by capturing the dynamics and distortion.

Maybe Guitarhack could recreate some of his micing tecnique using this stuff :headbang:

Wow, I guess you're talking about this?

Amazing concept. I wonder how well it works in practice. These guys are so into the science of what they are doing that they are totally missing the point of selling it. The technology here is every bit as revolutionary and impressive as Melodyne 3 direct note access, but they're doing nowhere near as good a job of telling the story.

Any Windows users here want to give this a spin and post results?

Have been following this for a while, and hoping that the cab impulse guys would catch on. The idea of getting that last 5% of cabinet emulation down is astounding.

Do you have that clip of Revalver III that you heard through one of these 'impulses' by any chance?

Have been following this for a while, and hoping that the cab impulse guys would catch on. The idea of getting that last 5% of cabinet emulation down is astounding.

Do you have that clip of Revalver III that you heard through one of these 'impulses' by any chance?

It's on the revalver forum, and the server is down right now. :erk:

It's enough if just guitarhack catches on hahaha, but he doesn't seem to have noticed this thread. (or he doesn't care). :D

I´m waiting for very long time to have guitar cabinets emulations availaible in nebula... awesome sounding plugin, truly revolutional technology... future is promising :)

We should raise money for Guitarhack and Poidaobi so they can buy this thing and make us some impulses :kickass: