Vote for your favourite CD of 2006

Amen.

I wonder what happened, cause pre-Colony his vocals were fine if you ask me.

In my opinion, every time I saw Anders on In Flames tours it was absolutely dissapointing but talking about his style, I guess that´s the way he has chosen ´cause his current voice has nothing to do with "Jester´s race" and "Whoracle" (even Dark Tranquillity´s "Skydancer"). However, I consider it fits better with current In Flames music far away from their glorious past.

Amen.

I wonder what happened, cause pre-Colony his vocals were fine if you ask me.

well, at least they were better. i dont like that mid-ranged aggressive vocal style at all though. even great singers like peter tägtgren can sound quite boring in the mid-range. nothing evil about peter though since his shrieks are inhuman

New Shadows Fall coming out this year...I'm anxious to hear how it comes out...I remember Brian Fair saying something like "We're trading in technical proficency for catchy hooks", so if that isn't saying "we're selling out" then I don't know what is. Could be interesting though...

And I think Anders does a decent job on CC...

And Lamb Of God are boring, generic, and dull as hell.

I'm taller than the whole band...bunch of short east coast dudes.

What I'm getting at is...If I'm hungry...and they are near...

I'll tell them to buy me a sandwich...LITE MAYO!!!!

shadows fall and lamb of god seem generic and boring to me but like I said before the shadows fall instrumentals i've heard were quite amazing. as for anders the only times he has bothered me were some clean vox on soundtrack. Also I personally love the electronics and keyboards, gives it more texture.

I think they suck alltogether pretty much. the "classic" sound is just a bastard blend of iron maiden melodies and growls. all they have is hooks really and zero depth. and since the hooks are so easy to get into they are a very popular band. I just dont enjoy that kind of sound, as there is no death metal quality, just mere heavy/power metal in the guitars.

basing a bands quality on its popularity is just off. its rather the inverted way. would a band like say katatonia dump all emotion and only go for chorus hooks, they'd get way more popular than they are now with a genuine sound.

i don't know what to give them credit for. popularity? they haven't really pushed music forward in any way. their early stuff was already done by at the gates, whoracle and colony was filled with iron maiden stuff and after reroute it's total downhill

they opened my eyes in the way that they are a gateway band. the whole "they are competent" argument doesn't work here. it's the same thing as telling a guy who doesn't like yngwie that he owns on playing guitar. so what if they are competent musicians? that doesn't make the band good if the final result isn't. I don't think they defined much on their own really besides importing even more nintendo melody in the late 90's

everybody's talking about a bunch of shitty bands 24/7. popularity and musical importance/quality has nothing in common. it's rather the other way around. when bands go downhill, they prosper.
well, i do remember some tunes. goliaths, stand ablze etc. has memorable melodies. i just dont like upbeat music. makes me depressed.