Vote for your favourite CD of 2006

well, mainstream memorability only depends on hooks. it demands nothing in terms of depth and songwriting beyond those choruses. well, im off to be with my gf for a bit. maybe we can continue mouthing later :D

i think there is a bit of truth on both sides here.

i really liked in flames since jester race/whoracle. colony was a great record, a step further. clayman had like 4-5 great tracks and the rest was sort of fillers. i really liked reroute because they were really dirty production-wise [after the crisp production of clayman, at the point they couldn't get better sound than that], but still making good tunes [trigger, cloud c, dawn of a new day].

soundtrack i did listen to, but couldn't find anything that i liked except only a few fine tunes. the vocals was really bad and i couldn't stand it - to me the vox sounded more of a white noise than an organic sound, if you know what i mean.

come clarity is in the same vein as soundtrack, and needless to say i tried to like it, but it just isn't the same band i liked before.

it just happened that they became hype at the same time they became lousy with the songs. that's just my opinion.

i don't say they don't deserve the stadium audience, but it happens that i, and many older fans too, don't like how they sound today.

opeth forum lol.

man that forum was bad back in the day. I can't imagine it now..

same with nevermore forum

When I first realized that Clayman is one hell of a masterpiece(both lyrically and musically)I thought that no band even In Flames could ever top that again.And it happened.It's true that they've been downhill since Clayman but think about it...4 legendary records and showing the world what melo death is...Dudes that's a thing...I think we mustn't discuss them anymore they are sucky or whatever now it doesn't matter cos they already got to the top and there is no way upper from there...It was obvious that they will go down.Still I enjoy their music though I miss the old sound very much.But whatever they're just In Flames and nobody can deny that they have been great maybe greater than any melo daeth band in the world...(probably the best band in the world;))

I don't wanna open up another bag of shit but I just listened to come clarity today..I gotta say besides a few tracks that cd is fucking horrible. It's funny because the fans trashed r2r(which really wasn't the biggest change from clayman) and said soundtrack was better which was more of a departure and now they're saying CC is even better than those two but it's even more of a departure. CC is just full of agressive riffs for the sake of being agressive with no substance and the production is crap and some of the songs sound like noise and the bass sounds like crap.

I couldn't agree more...Exactly what I think...R2R is way better than the last two.But what I couldn't believe when I first listened to CC was the production and the crappy sound.I mean they made a lot of money and suddenly they show up with a crappy sound and the suckiest production.WTF for godsake!!!