Vote for your favourite SymX CD on Sea of Tranquility

Too difficult

Edit: For unknown reason, I decided to vote for Twilight in Olympus... the fact that Church of the fucking machine was playing may have had something to do with it tho.

I voted for V, far and away my favorite Symphony X album, expecting it to be an underdog. Much to my surprise, it currently has a substantial lead.

V is the sort of thing I was expecting (and hoping for) when I first heard about Symphony X, mainly due to the band's name. I'm a sucker for well composed symphonic metal, as well as concept albums, and this is one of the best in both categories. Personally I think it's the only one that really lives up to that name. I've waiting in vain for them to do another album along the same lines. Paradise Lost though seems to indicate they're leaning towards going in the opposite direction.

And by "lives up to that name" I meant the name of the band.

When I heard the intro for Paradise Lost I was thrilled. I thought "finally they got the synth quality to the point where they can really do good sounding symphonic elements without it sounding fake or cheesy". Unfortunately they then proceed to hardly use the synths at all for the rest of the album. Paradise Lost is lacking the main thing I look for from Symphony X: variety, especially in instrumentaion and orchestration.

I couldnt vote. What ever one Im listening to at the time is "The Best". I was just telling a few fellow musicians I had listening to "Twilight"... "Its not their best" Then last night Im listening to "Through the Looking Glass" and was thinking "What an awsome composition", everyones performance in the song is great and the composition... well ! Somehow Divine Wings seems to get on the player the most. I dont have The Odyssey anymore, lent it out, never came back. I can get it, you know how friends are, my best friend, he said it had to many changes ups but was musically impressive... Ironically the same guy that turned me on to Zappa and the Dregs way back.

People have differerent musical tastes and the only thing that really sucks is attention whoring wanker snobs that cant deal with it.