VST Plug that 'Beeps' Every 30 Seconds?

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
I remember reading on here that some of you guys use a vst plugin that plays a beep every 30 seconds or so, so that bands can't rip you off and use a test mix without having it have those lame beeps.

That said, I can't seem to find it. Anyone care to refresh my memory?

I'm sure people have mentioned it happening on here quite a few times, that or they send the wrong fucking mix to the record company lol.

I give out beeped CDs until projects are paid up. I always warn bands not to make copies of the booted CDs for their friends or send them out, but some just don't listen.

A few years ago a band didn't follow my advice and sure enough a couple weeks later there we're leaked versions of their album with beeps all over the P2P networks. :lol:

Thanks! I've been needing something like Voxengo Beep for a while. I think most of us here who do some degree of commercial releases can relate to what Dave said. Annoying situation to be in, for sure!

Do you ever use different beep frequencies or periods so that you can identify which band member/associate did the deed? I love the look on people's faces when what they thought was anonymous turned out not to be... I don't do it on music, but watermarks make homework fun for everyone.

Jeff

make a sample of you yelling something obscene like "I suck dick for crack" and just make a premade wave with the sample repeating every 30 second. mix it together with the song, and you're good to go.