Wacken 2004 lineup updates

Erik said:
Stop implying that the sunwheel is a nazi symbol or I'll beat you with a small stick. (I know)

Also Midgårds Söner are in the thanks list for "Sorrow..." but that doesn't really mean anything.

Amon Amarth has members that were previously in Midgårds Söner, I believe.
Also, I wasn't saying that the sunwheel is a nazi symbol, only that it is often percieved as such.

General Zod said:
It's probably safe to assume you're not referring to Ned Flanders, the Simpson's next door neighbor. That being the case, who or what is Flanders? Thanks.

GZ
Hence why I said "The bit in Belguim, silly people"...silly person :p

General Zod said:
Since Aryans, in a very confused way, often consider themselves Christians, I was surprised they would be there to see Dimmu, whose message is anything but Christian. Thoughts?
I honestly don't know. From what I can gather, the outspoken "aryans" *specifically in metal* often align themselves with paganism / old Europe which stands for little else but to denounce Christianity and its desecration of their history.

Unfortunatley, being a part of the "pagan front" somehow leads to the nazi establishments which of course leads to white supremacists / hooligan element showing up to metal gigs. I guess also that neo-nazi's like aggressive music and extreme metal is the next best thing to bands like Screwdriver?

Who knows - Nokturnal Mortum have even gone so far as to replace the goat head in their logo with a woodenshield sporting 4 nazi swastikas. I can't imagine that they would want anyone other than nazis/skinheads/white supremacists at their shows.

JayKeeley said:
Nokturnal Mortum have even gone so far as to replace the goat head in their logo with a woodenshield sporting 4 nazi swastikas. I can't imagine that they would want anyone other than nazis/skinheads/white supremacists at their shows.
Strange. Sounds like they're looking for a niche market. Apparently Satan wasn't selling as many CDs for them as they had hoped, so they decided to try Hitler.

GZ

General Zod said:
Strange. Sounds like they're looking for a niche market. Apparently Satan wasn't selling as many CDs for them as they had hoped, so they decided to try Hitler.

GZ
It's a real shame IMO. Obviously this is what they believe in, but they never seemed to project this before with their earlier albums (when they were signed to The End). It's become much more obvious.

Erik's right - they were never Satanic. If anything their albums like "Goat Horns" and "Lunar Poetry" are folk-dark-symphonic-black-metal. Very 'earthy' if that makes sense, and quite beautiful.

Obviously what they believe in personally couldn't be kept private, otherwise they would be held in much higher regard.

Erik said:
Oh, but are they nazi swastikas or just swastikas?
They might actually be Hindu swastikas. :loco:

OK from memory, "The Taste Of Victory" comes in a DVD box. The artwork depicts a dead soldier on the front cover, and a German infantry soldier on the back.

Although they are signed to Oriana Records, they have kept some space aside for their affiliation with 'The Pagan Front', with an underlying motto stating "Taking Back What is Ours". And then there's some waffle about White Aryan Supremacy and something like "Join Us. We are the Future".

I'd say it's a safe bet that their message is one that's laced with Nazi flavourings.

Good EP by the way. Nice use of violin again a la NeChrist.

JayKeeley said:
They might actually be Hindu swastikas. :loco:
LOL.

I've seen where some have tried to argue that the swastika isn't actually a Nazi symbol. I'm not sure if that's possible. Granted, it's original use may have had a seperate meaning. However, it's difficult to argue that it hasn't been inextricably linked to Nazi Germany since the 40s.

GZ