Wacken 2007

I'm contemplating going... trying to budget it in. It could work, but I'll have to cut down on CD hauls for a while. Which is quite possible.

How many are in your party?

Myself, Zod, Mrs. Zod and our friend Britt (DarkTide on other UM forums).

Doom said:
Staying in Hamburg either side of the festival I believe. Think we're planning on having a couple of good nights out in Hamburg, it seems like there's some good places to go. The whole week is just going to be fucking awesome.

Britt and I will be meeting the Zods in Amsterdam the Monday of that week, then traveling to Hamburg Tuesday then to the festival on Wednesday, so if we're able to get together Tuesday night, it could be a blast. We're open at this point but are contemplating doing the Reeperbahn or heading here Tuesday night:

http://www.headbangers-ballroom.de/

Jason

Has anyone ever heard of Turbonegro from Norway? They're the latest band confirmed for Wacken and took Lordi's vacated spot.
Yeah... saw this last night.:erk:

It seems they have a decent, cult-like following. From what I gather, they are Rock, with a Punkish vibe.

I wonder why the Wacken promoters have such a love affair with bands who have a near comical element to their music?

Zod

Has anyone ever heard of Turbonegro from Norway? They're the latest band confirmed for Wacken and took Lordi's vacated spot.

Jason

I saw them in concert once. Punk/Rock-N-Roll. Very similiar to the Hellacopters or Gluecifer. They ended the show with a crowd sing along to the song "I Got Erection." It was bizarre to watch. I could imagine how it will be with a much larger crowd.

I wonder why the Wacken promoters have such a love affair with bands who have a near comical element to their music?

Zod

Works great for festivals - (almost) everyone's drunk and out for fun, plus the ones they get at Wacken at least (Turbonegro and that german band I forgot the name of) have very dedicated fans who might be (often are) willing to pay for that band alone as long as the rest isn't complete crap.

Drunk Turbojugend will be spotted at the camp site!

FUUUUUCK!

Updating running order now available, and Moonsorrow are now clashing with Immortal (who already clashed with Stormwarrior)! They are the two bands out of the whole festivals that I want to see the most.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Updating running order now available, and Moonsorrow are now clashing with Immortal (who already clashed with Stormwarrior)! They are the two bands out of the whole festivals that I want to see the most.
Yeah... saw that. I wouldn't worry too much just yet. It seems they change the line-up a couple of times a week. And if you look at last years news section, they kept changing the running order right up until the week of the show.

Zod

Glad about the last two announcements, both bands I want to see. I'll be seeing Sabbat twice in two weeks :kickass:

Annoyed Moonsorrow are now clashing a further 15 minutes with Moonsorrow though. Sort it out!

Annoyed Moonsorrow are now clashing a further 15 minutes with Moonsorrow though. Sort it out!

Yeah, the total clash is now 25 minutes, which sucks, and basically rules out Moonsorrow for me since they're only playing for 45 minutes and I want to have a good spot for Immortal. If I didn't get to see them at Heathen Crusade I'd really be bummed, but I did and I've never seen Immortal live so the choice is easy for me.