O/T: Wacken...

Miltbrand

May 15, 2004
Denmark
Check out the line up so far!
Just think about it, WOA is 6 months away, and yet this killer bill has already been put together! Damn, it´s gonna be good!
See ya at the Biergarten :kickass:

(The ones in bold are my must-see bands)

AMORPHIS
BELPHEGOR
BENEDICTUM
BLACK MAJESTY
BLIND GUARDIAN
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
CANNIBAL CORPSE
CHTHONIC
COMMUNIC
DESTRUCTION
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
DIMMU BORGIR
DIR EN GREY
DISILLUSION
ENSLAVED
FALCONER
GRAVE DIGGER
HAGGARD
HEAVEN SHALL BURN
ICED EARTH
IMMORTAL
IN FLAMES
J.B.O.
KAMPFAR
LACUNA COIL
LETZTE INSTANZ
LORDI
MENDEED
MOONSORROW
MOONSPELL
MUNICIPAL WASTE
NAPALM DEATH
NARZISS
NEAERA
NORTHER
RAGE & LINGUA MORTIS ORCHESTER
SACRED REICH
SAMAEL - Picked up a girl last time they played there, maybe I´ll get lucky again :heh:
SAXON
SCHANDMAUL
SODOM
SONIC SYNDICATE
STORMWARRIOR (feat. GAMMA RAY's Kai Hansen)
STRATOVARIUS
SWALLOW THE SUN
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
THE SORROW
THE VISION BLEAK
THERION
TYR
UNHEILIG
VADER
VOLBEAT

One day I will go to Wacken and my metal journey will be complete.

My thoughts exactly. Thats amazing. And I've seen Therion live, at a venue of about 50 people none the less, absolutely amazing, I'd love to see them live again, one of the best shows I've ever been to. Awesome stuff.

WOW! That's a really good lineup! Looks like they've toned down on the power metal, which used to dominate the festival...

That said, I went to Wacken back in 2003 -- and although it was a really fun time, the festival was just too damn big. I doubt I'll make the trip again. Fighting through thick crowds of 40,000+ drunks in smeltering summer heat (or mud) for three days straight with absolutely no sleep really beats you down.

There are tons of smaller fests that still draw good crowds (in the 2,500 to 10,000 range), have killer lineups, but are smaller and much more fun. Summer Breeze was a blast, and I'm told that Party San is probably the most fun of the German festivals.

What the fuck is Bullet for my Valentine doing there?

My thoughts exactly. The set is already amazing. So many bands there that I'd like to see. Immortal :headbang: I'll bet that BFMV get something hard thrown at their heads though and be unable to continue playing, thus realizing that they are not wanted.

That said, I went to Wacken back in 2003 -- and although it was a really fun time, the festival was just too damn big. I doubt I'll make the trip again. Fighting through thick crowds of 40,000+ drunks in smeltering summer heat (or mud) for three days straight with absolutely no sleep really beats you down.

I don´t know where you found those 40,000+, maybe at the local supermarket?
Last year WOA reached it´s peak (so far) at 37,000, and in 2005 there were 28,000.
Anyway, a maximum of 30,000 would be suitable. Anything above that, and the toilets, bars, junk food stalls, etc. can´t keep up.

Btw. if you get drunk enough, you don´t need to sleep! :kickass:

lol, you guys coming from America and I, living lixe 200km away, have not ever been to there... but it's on my list!!! some day...

my must-see bands would be those:

BLIND GUARDIAN
CANNIBAL CORPSE
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
FALCONER
HAGGARD
ICED EARTH
J.B.O.
SCHANDMAUL
SODOM
THERION
TYR