Wacken 2007

Hell Mike

fuck melodic black metal
Aug 22, 2003
Norrland
www.nasheim.se
Who is going? The lineup looks mighty fine so far...
On the other hand, I've seen most of the watchers.

ANYWAY, here's the lineup, watchers and potential dito are in bold

Amorphis
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
Belphegor
Benedictum
The Black Dahlia Murder
Black Majesty
Blind Guardian
Bullet For My Valentine
Cannibal Corpse
Communic
Destruction
Dimmu Borgir
Disillusion
Enslaved
Grave Digger
Haggard
Heaven Shall Burn
Immortal
In Flames
J.B.O.
Kampfar
Lacuna Coil
Letzte Instanz
Moonsorrow
Moonspell
Municipal Waste
Napalm Death
Neaera
Norther
Rage
Sacred Reich
Samael
Saxon
Schandmaul
Sodom
Sonic Syndicate
Stormwarrior
Stratovarius
Therion
TYR
Vader
The Vision Bleak
Volbeat

It's an ok roster, nothing mindblowing. Destruction, Immortal, and Moonsorrow should go over well (provided Moonsorrow stick to their earlier non-epic stuff for the mullet heads).

What's Stormwarrior and Black Majesty like?

Dimmu Borgir are at this event? Wouldn't they be a headliner? Who the hell are the headliners!? BG, In Flames, Immortal, and Saxon?

Also, I can tell you that Zod, his wife, Dark One, and maybe a couple of others are coming over from the US of A.

I may be going this year. I've already been planning on progpower this year, so it really depends on how much willpower I have to save up for both.

It's an ok roster, nothing mindblowing. Destruction, Immortal, and Moonsorrow should go over well (provided Moonsorrow stick to their earlier non-epic stuff for the mullet heads).
Sodom? Enslaved? Saxon?

It's a good roster but it could have been better, but on the other hand that leaves room for drunkenness and funay which is a big and important part of this whole spectacle in my opinion. The bands make it worth going but the whole experience makes it memorable. What we are left with years after are blurred to non-existent memories of asskicking gigs and hilarious pictures of me being drunk in various ways and forms.
I
What's Stormwarrior and Black Majesty like?
fag metal i think

Also, I can tell you that Zod, his wife, Dark One, and maybe a couple of others are coming over from the US of A.

Quoted for truth.

Immortal in a headlining role, Moonsorrow, Enslaved, Blind Guardian in a headlining role in their native land. It's all gravy from here on out for me, though I'm very intrigued by Kampfar, Belphegor, Schandmaul, Disillusion, TYR, and I'm also a Rage fan. Plenty of other solid acts as well (Dimmu should be cool, Destruction, Sodom, Sacred Reich), and if my inside info is correct - a certain U.S. band getting ready to release a landmark double album.

And, oh yeah, it's fucking Wacken. Bring it on.

Stormwarrior is AWESOME AWESOME speed/epic metal. I think tully recommended them awhile back, there awesome.
Black Majesty is power metal from Australia, I think they're pretty good, nothing special though.

That's who I thought you were thinking of!!

So the current headliners / roster is not complete yet? Meaning, they can bring in these last minute additions? If this comes true, you're talking about Slayer-like audience reciprocation. Certainly on par with Blind Guardian anyway. Germany is like their 3rd home, after Greece.

I'll wait till the line-up is finalized before making a final assessment. There are more than a few acts that have already confirmed that should make it entertaining. Regardless, it's my first time at Wacken, so how can it not be a ton of fun.

Zod

That's who I thought you were thinking of!!

So the current headliners / roster is not complete yet? Meaning, they can bring in these last minute additions? If this comes true, you're talking about Slayer-like audience reciprocation. Certainly on par with Blind Guardian anyway. Germany is like their 3rd home, after Greece.
The line-up is far from complete. Based on the number of bands who have appeared there each of the last three years, there's still about 20-25 more bands to be announced.

Zod

Co-headlining acts on given nights have happened plenty of times there. One headlining act will play on Thursday night, while two per night typically play on Friday and Saturday. So, in theory that makes five headliners. Blind Guardian, In Flames & Immortal are 3 no doubt about it headliners, with Saxon probably close behind.

As Greg indicated, we'll wait to see how it all plays out. Of course, nothing's guaranteed until it's etched in stone and announced, but my source on this is a pretty good one.

Co-headlining acts on given nights have happened plenty of times there. One headlining act will play on Thursday night, while two per night typically play on Friday and Saturday. So, in theory that makes five headliners. Blind Guardian, In Flames & Immortal are 3 no doubt about it headliners, with Saxon probably close behind.
Wouldn't Stratovarius (unfortunately) also be considered a headliner?

Zod

If I'm still in the country I'll likely go. If not, then I'll still have to wait a few months before I'd even be allowed re-entry legally.