Wacken 2007

NAD would really like it. I think he has heard it.

NAD also needs to hear the remixed/remastered version of "Peace Sells". WOOT! Every bassline from Dave Jnr in pristine crystal clear riff-o-rama technicolor.

These are some bands from the line-up from whom I have literally never heard a note, nor do I have any idea what they are like. Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about any of these?

Benedictum
Black Majesty
Communic
Letzte Instanz
Narziss
Neaera
Schandmaul
Sonic Syndicate
Stormwarrior
Unheilig
Volbeat

Benedictum - Power Metal, with a hot chick singer who sounds like Dio.
Black Majesty - Aussie Power Metal. Symphonic elements. Awesome vocals.
Communic - heavily influenced by Nevermore.
Volbeat - I've heard them called "Elvis Metal". Essentially, they've got this odd Metal meets 50's Rock n Roll sound.

Zod

I like Volbeat a lot... though that wouldn't surprise some people who are familiar with my tastes heh. He doesn't sound like Elvis really, just has a delivery reminiscent of young Elvis. Kinda bouncy... if you know what I mean and the music has a definite punk/rockabilly influence though the sound is metal with double bass in many of the songs. Um yea... good stuff.

A bunch of Wacken news...

Bullet for My Valentine has been replaced by Type O Negative. Never spent much time with Type O, but hard to see this swap as anything but a positive.

SECRETS OF THE MOON and PHAROAH have been confirmed. Also confirmed are FASTWAY, HATESPHERE and FAIR TO MIDLAND.

Looks like there's still two decent slots to fill, one of which may actually be a headliner, based on the initial running order PDF.

Zod

Looks like there's still two decent slots to fill, one of which may actually be a headliner, based on the initial running order PDF.

Zod

The running order doesn't have Type O Negative on it, so they will probably take one of those two slots. I hope the other is filled by someone I like because at the moment there's not all that many bands I'm interested in seeing!

I hadn't realised the bands stayed on until so late. Pretty cool.

If I'm not deployed I'm going to try and go, if I don't spend all my money on beer and kung-fu movies.

Volbeat is crazy, especially because their lead singer looks identical to this drug dealer I used to know. Really identical. It might be the same person.

The running order doesn't have Type O Negative on it, so they will probably take one of those two slots.
Yeah... we noticed that after I posted.

I hope the other is filled by someone I like because at the moment there's not all that many bands I'm interested in seeing!
Really? I think it's a very diverse, quality line-up. Not sure if Type O would get the bigger of the two spots, but either way, I've got my fingers crossed for someone good.

I hadn't realised the bands stayed on until so late. Pretty cool.
:kickass:

Really? I think it's a very diverse, quality line-up. Not sure if Type O would get the bigger of the two spots, but either way, I've got my fingers crossed for someone good.

Well yeah, it is REALLY diverse, but I guess I feel some of that diversity has come at the expense of quality. But obviously they have to cater for everyone, and really I'm just being fussy, because it's not like you can see every band anyway and there is more than enough there for me.

Really, I'm just looking forward to the experience more than anything :kickass:

How many are in your party? There's just going to be the three of us going. We're actually staying in Germany for a week, from the Tuesday to the Tuesday. Staying in Hamburg either side of the festival I believe. Think we're planning on having a couple of good nights out in Hamburg, it seems like there's some good places to go. The whole week is just going to be fucking awesome.