WACKEN

Ok so here are a few pics I made,not the best quality,but ya just have to do with it :p

The Wacken sig (I dunno,how you call this?) first night Scorpions played
p1010016pg0wackenalu2.jpg

A bit of the crowd and a beautiful sky..
p1010003ue8wackenbas7.jpg

DON'T ASK!!!
p1010027fp7wackencvr4.jpg

Nevermore!! the pic is a little blurry cause some creep pinched my ass just when I took the photo :mad:
p1010031sq9wackendcx5.jpg

this ones better..
p1010032cz4wackenevd2.jpg

and another..
p1010034ye4wackenfvc2.jpg

CARNIVORE!!! they started of with the song "Carnivore"
p10100381gh8wackenfso3.jpg

same..
p10100391is5wackenghk5.jpg

More..this was the last song they played,I think it was "Helter Skelter" Isn't that a cover of some other band? I have no idea..
p10100411of8wackenhxn0.jpg

The Grand Finale :p
Playgirls shooting with waterguns filled with blood..
p10100441pz6wackenihe8.jpg

Orphaned Land..:)
p10100451sr2wackenjhz6.jpg

another one..
p10100461sl0wackenkaa3.jpg

Unfortunately I have no pics of Emperor cause I was to far a way from the stage,so I leave you with a dorky pic of myself after 3 days of noooo sleep at all!!!
wacken182ws0anja3zy7.jpg

I hope I didn't mess this thread up,I have no idea about resize pics and stuff ok,just delete it if it's to big or whatever..

What do you mean Paul..the fact that I don't know the song..or them playing it?
I dunno honestly,everyone was yelling "Helter Skelter" I'm sure about that,I will ask around.
Or maybe Affinity knows it,if he was there..

Helter Skelter is a Beatles song.
Most metalheads know it from Motley Crue's cover on Shout at the Devil
(At least that's how I first heard the song as a kid).

As always, Wacken rocked very hard. We were there from tuesday, and had a hell of a time. Didn't see so many bands though...

- Scorpions (was cool, but the show was waaaay to long. Though I liked the huge metal scorpion walking up the stage at the end)
- Legion of the Damned (ok-ish, I liked them more when they were still named Occult)
- Carnivore (Cool and funny!)
- Celtic Frost (Dooooomy Frost more, but still very cool. Second best I saw this year)
- Ministry (LOUD! Can a band play any louder than this? Was nice to see, though I'm just a fan of some of their songs, not all)
- Metal Church (Love them)
- Morbid Angel (Was ok, though a bit messy sound from where I stood)
- Atheist (COOLEST show this year. I never heard them, but I was sold!)
- Emperor (Was looking forward to this. Got a bit dissapointed. First half of the show the band looked like they were forced to play there agains their will. Second half was better though... Still, shame that Ihsahn said that And Thus Spake the Nightspirit is from Equilibium IX, which of course it is not)

Looking forward to next year, as always.:kickass:

I've seen alot of people complain about the current state of Celtic Frost, being too doomy and slow and weird, not faster and more like "Into the Crypts of Rays", etc. I think honestly I'd have been somewhat disapppointed if they had been more like that, because it's just a bit too predictable, which CF never were. I can't say that the new CF album sounds like anything in particular out there right now. Some similarities can be drawn here and there but overall, it's quite unique, which is fitting for CF.

Plus, it seems like the overall trend in metal is to be faster. Whether its fast black metal, fast death metal, or even these metalcore/"Headbangers Ball" bands who play thrash beats and blast beats. Celtic Frost release an album that's the total opposite, basically, and that's what I would've hope they'd do.

I noticed that CF are also playing the older material tuned down a bit and a little slower. How did that go over with the audience, as I could imagine some people being put off by that?

Well, I haven't picked up Monotheist yet. But I'm quite interested in hearing it. I have no problem with them becoming slower (or perhaps older, haha!) but it was quite a surprise to hear the slowed-down versions of the old classics.

I for one enjoyed it. And I have a feeling that the majority of the audience did as well. It was still CF playing there on stage and that's a cool thing in itself! :worship: Also the german audience (most of the people on Wacken) always seems to be very open-minded, and they enjoy about anything you throw at them.

Angeleyes Part II said:
What do you mean Paul..the fact that I don't know the song..or them playing it?
I dunno honestly,everyone was yelling "Helter Skelter" I'm sure about that,I will ask around.
Or maybe Affinity knows it,if he was there..

I honestly wasn't sure if you were joking or not, only because it's a very popular Beatles song. Maybe it's just because the Beatles were so popular here growing up, you couldn't get away from it if you wanted to, and I just assume it was like that everywhere in the world. haha

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I've seen alot of people complain about the current state of Celtic Frost, being too doomy and slow and weird, not faster and more like "Into the Crypts of Rays", etc. I think honestly I'd have been somewhat disapppointed if they had been more like that, because it's just a bit too predictable, which CF never were. I can't say that the new CF album sounds like anything in particular out there right now. Some similarities can be drawn here and there but overall, it's quite unique, which is fitting for CF.

Plus, it seems like the overall trend in metal is to be faster. Whether its fast black metal, fast death metal, or even these metalcore/"Headbangers Ball" bands who play thrash beats and blast beats. Celtic Frost release an album that's the total opposite, basically, and that's what I would've hope they'd do.

I noticed that CF are also playing the older material tuned down a bit and a little slower. How did that go over with the audience, as I could imagine some people being put off by that?

I actually watched celtic frost. and all for them for creating slower, more depressing and sludgy songs. Unfortunatley though, it was very very tiring to watch, there was literally no excitement whatsoever. The songs they played didnt really get anywhere and im suffice to say pretty dissapointed. There are bands that do it better, but i respect any artist who trys to do something different, even if i dont think its as good as it could be. So i say, good band. Was it their last studio release this latest album? It would be a shame as they could progress with it quite conciderably.

Novembers Paul said:
I honestly wasn't sure if you were joking or not, only because it's a very popular Beatles song. Maybe it's just because the Beatles were so popular here growing up, you couldn't get away from it if you wanted to, and I just assume it was like that everywhere in the world. haha

Well ofcourse I know a lot of Beatles songs :) ..just not this one,I was more fond of songs like "Ticket to Ride" "Michelle" "Eleonor Rigby" etc..their more easy listening and poppy songs..and not to the Helter Skelter stuff I'm listening now a days..:p