Wages of Sin, Anthems of Rebellion, Doomsday....

no, the album was out in Japan nearly a year before the rest of the world. Someone thought it was wise to master the master, and then when it came to worldwide release, it was taken from Jap version. It definetely sounds thinner and more compressed and also the left/right is the wrong way around.

oh right, i'd love to hear the original master, because it's my favourite AE album, song writing wise, but the missing low end means i dont listen to it as much as anthems and doomsday. do you still have the original master?

cobhc said:
oh right, i'd love to hear the original master, because it's my favourite AE album, song writing wise, but the missing low end means i dont listen to it as much as anthems and doomsday. do you still have the original master?

yeah this whole discussion makes me also wondering what it would sound like now as the original version :)

Funky Animal said:
yeah this whole discussion makes me also wondering what it would sound like now as the original version :)

i wonder if we bug andy enough will he let us hear some of the original master if he still has it

Haha, master the master... I've noticed that the Japs really seem to like their stuff LOUD. I got the Final Fantasy Advent Children soundtrack and that is some of the most heavily over-compressed stuff I've ever heard in my life. There's nothing even resembling dynamics on there.

cobhc said:
dude, you can come drinking with me, i live in notts, which is near to where andy lives

:) lol..nah bit of a problem..i only can go to london it's just a quick flight over for work...it's arriving in the morning leaving in the evening...

But further this summer I will spent atleast a week in Peterborough...so yeah well..that's closer to your place I think....I will keep that invitation in mind :)...and be sure to have the beer cold :kickass:

peterboro??
nasty!
lol im scared of ANYWHERE north of the m25!
i think it comes from the trip to download last year, where when we saw signs for the north, black clouds came over head! i'm serious!

but seriously!
ace your coming over, and i hope you enjoy our fine country

greyskull said:
peterboro??
nasty!
lol im scared of ANYWHERE north of the m25!
i think it comes from the trip to download last year, where when we saw signs for the north, black clouds came over head! i'm serious!

but seriously!
ace your coming over, and i hope you enjoy our fine country

i go to london twice a year minimum, just for business purposes only :(..i'm a graphic designer..got some big clients in london...
but in peterborough i got some friends to stay at...and they have a beautifull recording studio :)...only they never record/mix/master metal haha :) well it's time to change that..lol

DAMN RIGHT!!hehehe
well if you ever fancy recording in/near london and dont wanna spend mega bucks, come to where i work, stakeout studios, in hampton court, its ace
checkthe link

From what I remember, didn't Wages also have an instrumental section that was obviously supposed to flow into the next song with no break, but they put a 2-second gap in?
If you're talking about the instrumental "Snow Bound", the beginning of the track starts playing again when the song ends and suddenly cuts off after a few seconds.