Wages of Sin, Anthems of Rebellion, Doomsday....

cobhc said:
oh right, i'd love to hear the original master, because it's my favourite AE album, song writing wise, but the missing low end means i dont listen to it as much as anthems and doomsday. do you still have the original master?
C'mon, it's not THAT "thin sounding".. jeez... it has plenty of info down to 60 Hz... and this is what your "bass" control is for.. set it to taste and listen to it if it's your favorite.

OT: no offense intended, but am i the only one that thinks your avatar is creepy? o_O

I own "Wages" and I live in the states....it sounds good to me, but "Doomsday" is alot better sounding and more in your face. WOS is still my favorite album.

lol... well i certainly didn't want to hurt any feelings or destroy any confidence, i didn't even get to see the replacement avatar before he went to none at all, but i just had to express it finally after months of being creeped out by that avatar... lol... sorry man, seriously, no offense intended... it as just like, reading your posts and seeing that pic... i just couldn't stop myself from wondering what whacked shit you might be up to.. it was really disconcerting, ha ha... anyway, i was just joking around really though.

Lol, it was just when I was in my "goth" phase, and I thought it looked kinda cool, and btw James, my replacement Avatar was a picture of Jason Becker, whom I happen to respect more than just about any other guitar player ever.

cobhc said:
Lol, it was just when I was in my "goth" phase, and I thought it looked kinda cool, and btw James, my replacement Avatar was a picture of Jason Becker, whom I happen to respect more than just about any other guitar player ever.
yeah, me too
jbecker-jm.jpg

James Murphy said:
lol... well i certainly didn't want to hurt any feelings or destroy any confidence, i didn't even get to see the replacement avatar before he went to none at all, but i just had to express it finally after months of being creeped out by that avatar... lol... sorry man, seriously, no offense intended... it as just like, reading your posts and seeing that pic... i just couldn't stop myself from wondering what whacked shit you might be up to.. it was really disconcerting, ha ha... anyway, i was just joking around really though.

have you seen YOUR avatar??? now THAT's creepy! n. o.

i think it's a testament to the quality of the music that the mastering on WoS can be fucked up and it still be most people's favourite album.

Creepiest avatar I've seen was that picture/slideshow/thing where one naked anime girl jumps into another naked anime girl's twat and then comes flying out again... called Unbirth or something like that. Next to that, even half-naked elves seem normal.

I don't think I got the second-mastered edition, so I can't comment on that, but I think it's still my favorite album of theirs with Gossow (I never have my mind made up about whether I like it better than Black Earth, as on any given day either Liiva doesn't buzz me at all or he cracks me up but the rest of the music is amazing).

Jeff

Ravenous Enemy said:
have you seen YOUR avatar??? now THAT's creepy! n. o.

i think it's a testament to the quality of the music that the mastering on WoS can be fucked up and it still be most people's favourite album.
n.o.?

well hey, what can i say... your gf seems to love it. :saint: