Wagner Sharp et al...

OwenD

New Metal Member
Apr 17, 2006
Ok, I'm a total noob to using plugins, I've tried many plugins, have them all, but finding it difficult to get the right software to run it on. I've heard some amazing metal clips using plugins.
What recording softwar do you use plugins like Wagner, Juicy 77, Voxengo Boogex etc with??
Can you play thru the plugins real time i.e. like an amp, play your guitar and hear it..?
I have tried Wavosaur, Sonar, Kristal (very complicated and won't load quite a few plugins like TSS and others..)
any help would be appreciated, thanks.:headbang:

Basically, you need something that can host VST's. I recommend Reaper, and not just for doing what you are looking to do. And yes you can it real time, just enable input monitoring in Reaper (the little speaker icon on the relative track).

Anyone want to point me in the right direction as to how to load plugins like Wagner into Reaper. Just playing around with the ones included in Reaper but I would like to use others like Wagner.

Hi and welcome :)

http://www.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Reaper_Documentation

Ok if you don't want to rtfm i will tell you how because i like helping people ;)

1. Options / preferences / plugins / vst
2. Input path to your vst plugin directory (the plugin has to be there)
3. Hit rescan directory button
4. Track / insert new track
5. On the left in track controls hit that little speaker icon that says "record monitoring" when you hover your cursor over it and set it to ON
6. Still in track controls hit fx button that says "show track fx window"
7. Select your fav vst amp and tweak it
8. Save the project to start at this stage the next time

Btw to hear something you have to set up ASIO inputs first in Options / preferences / audio / device

and another thing i forgot about lol:
To set the input that goes to the track hit "in" button next to "record monitoring" and select mono input/something

Thanks for all your help:headbang:
I figured it out in the end, after looking at the manual, the plugins still wouldnt show up on Reaper because I had them in a folder on the Desktop, strange but when moved to My Documents they worked.

Thanks for all your help:headbang:
I figured it out in the end, after looking at the manual, the plugins still wouldnt show up on Reaper because I had them in a folder on the Desktop, strange but when moved to My Documents they worked.

I have them all in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

418 plugins lol