Waht do you guys think of these band : ...

Tales From the Thousand Lakes is boring, trite shit...the vocals are cringe-inducing as are the keyboards. There are a few cool riffs scattered about the album, but they are few and far between the shitty parts.

yeah, that's your opinion, but here comes a fact: You never heard of any band that mixed up death metal, doom, psychedelic rock and ambient so well. you can call that "shitty". I think you must acquire more vocabulary.

well...I'm not about to get into an argument about my vocabulary, but, to the point, the album in question has none of those qualities whatsoever (psychedelic rock, ambient, etc.). I can tell this is gonna go nowhere, as you've already played the "opinion" card, so you can continue to believe this useless band and album are good and I will continue to believe otherwise.

isis are just okay, the rest are shit

Brilliant opinion. You know you are on this forum when statements like the above resound. Hey man, why don't you create some credibility and substaniate why or why not a band "are just okay, the rest are shit. Sound like a 12 yr old kid. You created this ridiculous thread, at least, back-up what you say.:puke:

the early shit by isis rapes aswell so fuck off

I meant the rest as in the rest of the bands (though Amorphis has a few cool albums I guess). I like Celestial but, like most Isis fans, I like Panopticon a little better so it's not that absurd to suggest he go forward after Oceanic, get it?

Brilliant opinion. You know you are on this forum when statements like the above resound. Hey man, why don't you create some credibility and substaniate why or why not a band "are just okay, the rest are shit. Sound like a 12 yr old kid. You created this ridiculous thread, at least, back-up what you say.:puke:

actually waz created the thread, phil's just being himself :D

I meant the rest as in the rest of the bands (though Amorphis has a few cool albums I guess). I like Celestial but, like most Isis fans, I like Panopticon a little better so it's not that absurd to suggest he go forward after Oceanic, get it?

if they want the melodic post-metal-era isis sure, but not if they wanna listen to their crushing sludge stuff. Then Mosquito Control, The Red Sea and Celestial is the holy grail. And yeah, Panopticon's my favorite as well but you gotta realize it's not necessarily everyone else's just because it's yours. Oceanic is probably their most loved album despite Panopticon being a lot more accessible.

would it help if i said that i thought the others are generic sounding? would that really substantiate anything? besides, i'm only half serious on this forum, learn to take things with a grain of salt ffs.