What do you guys think of Genesis....!!!!!

Amonoperth

New Metal Member
Nov 23, 2007
I liked the song..."That's all"....i saw Keane cover it on a VH1 show....and then I checked out the original and its pretty good.....do u guys like Genesis....and what albums would you suggest...?...PEAC EOUT

Get Selling England by the Pound and Foxtrot, those are definetely the best ones with Peter Gabriel handling vocal duties imo, both are completely epic and otherwordly, just don't expect ''punchy'' or ''rocking'' songs from them.

Trick of the Tail is my 3rd fave from them, and the first one to feature Phil Collins as a lead singer iirc.

Get Selling England by the Pound and Foxtrot, those are definitely the best ones with Peter Gabriel handling vocal duties imo, both are completely epic and otherworldly, just don't expect ''punchy'' or ''rocking'' songs from them.

Trick of the Tail is my 3rd fave from them, and the first one to feature Phil Collins as a lead singer iirc.

O def. Im only looking for some chill mellow poppy music...hahaha.....i kinda had an idea of their sound....ill check those albums....PEAC EOUT

I think Foxtrot and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway are best, with songs like Watcher Of The Skies, Get'em Out By Friday, Cuckoo Cocoon, Back in N.Y.C, and Carpet Crawlers. Although the only Genesis album I actually bought was We Can't Dance. But that's long ago.

I love everything from Nursery Cryme to Trick of the Tail. Peter Gabriel was an awesome vocalist and Phil Collins fit perfectly as an excellent drummer and backup vocalist, but I'm not too into the Collins-led era at all. My favorite album is Selling England By the Pound. And yes waz, basically the Gabriel-era is just straight Prog-rock (whatever that means), but definitely worth listening to, if only for Steve Hackett's awesome guitar work.

I have 3 of their albums.. Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme and Selling England By The Pound.. Good stuff - 'The Musical Box' is my favourite song of theirs.

for me. the the gabriel era genesis is just a totally different band to collins led. i personally think the gabriel era kills everything, but thats not saying i dont have respect for the other line up. phill collins is a great musician but just cant match the depth of gabriel

I don't get why people worship Foxtrot, Trick of the Tail, Lamb, and Selling England... meandering and lacking much conviction of delivery, they bore me. Of course then, my favorites (as with Yes and Rush) are the most detested: Invisible Touch and Calling All Stations. More straightforward and less innovative to be sure, but better crafted in my opinion.