Wanna buy something for me for Christmas?!

Well, you obviously read the body of the original post. It was pretty straight forward. If I posted "I need help, guys", it would have generated the exact same responses, anyway.

Of course, none of you bitches like me and this will most likely fall on deaf ears but ....

WTF is wrong with you people, fucking seriously! Will is one of the most generous and thoughtful members of this forum. Hes been a faithful friend to a lot of you here for years and you all treat him like this? WTF!

I'ts not like the kid is asking for a million fucking dollars. he posted saying if you want to help do so, if not dont. You all dont need to come at him like this. Its total fucking bullshit.

I say fuck you to all of you who gave him shit for this, and fucking shame on you for treating your friend this way. You all really are a bunch of pieces of shit!

Will, email me the list, I will see what I can do.

I don't see why everyone is after Will's throat. He didn't offend anyone and didn't do anything bad. Is it really our job to judge and dictate what a person should say or not say and whether he can ask for help or not? The way I see it, if you don't want to help, just ignore the thread. Don't make the guy feel like a fool for asking those who do care for help. /thread

I hate agreeing with Stormo but sometimes it happens and he's made the most sense in this thread so far. The reason this thread got such a negative reaction for the most part is because of the way Will put his request out there. To me, and I would assume most others, it came off as "I'm in debt and need to ask for help getting out... but let me use the gift giving aspect of Christmas as an angle to ask for it."

IN MY OPINION, a wiser decision would have been to either:

1. Straight up ask for help without sugarcoating anything, like Stormo suggested. Be honest and explain how you got there, how you plan to get out of it, and how much a little assistance would really help you out. The end.

or

2. Make a thread with the same title he did, post what you want, and call it good. No sob stories of being in debt and struggling or anything else. Just 'Hey, Christmas is coming... wanna get me something? Here's what I want." The end.

When you combine those two, to me it seems scheisty in the way I explained in my previous post. I understand what Will is trying to do and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just think he went about it poorly.

Will, PM me your address. I can't help you financially but I do have some cool shit I want to send you.

I'm not going to PM anything to anybody. I'll put my address in this post, and if somebody wants to send something, cool. If not, then whatever. I don't want anything from someone that thinks my motives weren't PLAINLY STATED. Yes, I'm in debt. No, I don't want help "getting out" of debt. I want help getting inexpensive essentials so I don't have to waste money on them, when I could use it on other things.

The list is easy to find. Go to Walmart.com, go to the Gift Registry section, and type in my name. use William, not Will.

Will Bozarth
1351 Good Intent Road
Apartment 68
Deptford, NJ 08096

I don't quite understand. Before anyone got shitty, he clearly stated that he can't afford these things and that he would be grateful for any help...I don't see why it should be any more complicated than that. That post is still there for anyone to see. I don't think his wording or lack of wording had anything to do with the way this thread ended up.

"If someone is nice enough to contribute to this little thing, I'm going to write them a card and send them other goodies. I just can't afford to get any of this stuff until February since debt collectors are currently taking money out of all of my pay checks, and I can barely afford food.

So, yeah. I'm not doing the 'gift exchange' thing on here, but I will be rather grateful to the people that can help out with this... even $10 Walmart gift cards are good."

I guess he's supposed to explain in detail why he's in debt? Maybe show us some bank statements too? He shouldn't have to expose private details to get a little help buying some paper towels and a bath mat. It's not like he's asking for a substantial loan from anyone.

Oh yeah, Will. I'll send you some paper towels and toilet paper when I can, if you still need them by that time. It may be a while :p

Thank you. paper towels and toilet paper are accounted for at this point, thanks to Dan and Derick.

People are going to say, once again, that I used the excuse of Christmas to ask for help. I'd like to point out my reasoning for doing so... This just happened to be the time of year that this nastiness happened to me. I typically don't ask for this kind of help, and now I realize why.

I think the only mistake was asking for the eastwood set..

keep going Will buddy, things will lighten up after you get the debt off your back.

I think the only mistake was asking for the eastwood set..

keep going Will buddy, things will lighten up after you get the debt off your back.

In my defense on that one, I added that to my wish list a while ago so I didn't have to go searching through anything. Although, I think it was a nice touch. :lol: