Wanna mix a great Bon Jovi style band. Files inside.

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Due to people sharing this publicly I have pulled these files. :-(
Please keep mixes in this thread.
The band gave me permission to upload this here but don't want any mixes on facebook or soundcloud or youtube etc. until the album is finished.
Please post what you used for guitars etc (provided amps or whatever) for educational purposes.

Fast!
Sounds really good.
Did you use the amp tracks in the download?
My mix is really thin listening to it after a break.
I really can't track and mix in the same day and expect good results :-/
Looking forward to doing the proper mixes for this album.
The band are working on 2 songs per weekend over a few months then mixing everything once all songs are tracked.

This Nebula program i used is a beast, drastic sound shaping. I didn´t cut any 4k...
War%20Guitars.png

Wow
That's pretty cool.
I never got into Nebula for some reason.
Must check it out if you can get results like that with so little EQ.
I cut far too much low mid on the guitar due to ear fatigue after tracking all day but I needed to pull fizz at 4k and shhh at 2k.
Is Nebula low passing too?

Tracks downloaded, sinuses starting to return to normal... will mix and upload first version tomorrow.
AWESOME song! Thanks ALOT for giving us the opportunity to mix this! Been looking for a mixoff with this kinda music for a while, but haven't found any that has been produced so well =)

As promised: here's the raw mix of the song (with a little loudness added)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25512546/WarSkrynorraw.mp3

not at all happy with the acc guitars and the lead git in the chorus (why the h did i pan it over there? :eek:), but now i'm going away for some days..so no time now =(

also: yaaaaay! first mix posted here ^^

thanks again for letting us mix this song! had alot of fun during the raw mix :D

Good mixes everyone.
Please indicate what was used for guitars (amps or sims) and samples for kit etc.
These kind of threads are most useful to the community if they help people get a better mix.

Looking forward to getting into mixing this album for real.
4 songs tracked so far and the next session is in a few weeks.

well...

kick... just pass the original kick thru sslchannelG in Kick preset... and tweak from there.

Snare i replace it using the snare of one of my kits of doom for superior drummer... i 've use the snare into the liquidworks presets... is the tama brass bell from metal machine tweaked.

bass.. both channles trhu ezmix with a classic rock preset and then bleend them toghueter in a sslchannel bass preset..

GUItars... i ve blended the miced ones with the Di thru hibrit and a marshall impulse on left and a x50 thru a mesa impulse on rigth. green channel... low gain with no boost

acustic.. just spread a little the stereo and compress them

Voices all thru ezmix agresive voice preset

if you want some jpg... just ask for them....

ozone 5 in the master buss

Can't listen now.
Tracking drums.
Kick is 22" Sonor S Class > D112 > ISA220 with a low mid cut to remove honk then about 8-10dB compression slow attack, fast release at about 6:1