WANT ANOTHER BAND THIS YEAR???? (update 5/4)

the only problem with both of our suggestions is neither are up and coming bands lol

I'd say, after reading the thread, I feel like my best guess is Turisas, except I can't see them outdrawing DragonForce. Maybe they outdrew Ensiferum on the first Paganfest (wouldn't know, since my date was part of NEMHF), but I'm not too sure about DF.

I'm in for $20 (just sent) on the off chance it's Volbeat. They fit the description, "owe" us for bailing that year, and seem like one of the only bands Glenn would jump through these kinds of hoops for.

Oh, and Airbourne would make no sense at this fest, but they were my second thought. I don't know why. I'd love to see them live again though.

Well then I stand corrected if Alestorm has played in the US before. They are high energy. It's possible for them to have a new cd out this year. Ok, back to fingers crossed for Alestorm.

From metalstorm.net, these bands have albums scheduled to be released in either August or September:

The Sword
Swashbuckle (lol)
Apocalyptica
Volbeat
Blind Guardian

I personally hope its Disillusion and will throw some money down in the off change that I am correct (even though they don't fit a lot of the hints) :D

From metalstorm.net, these bands have albums scheduled to be released in either August or September:

The Sword
Swashbuckle (lol)
Apocalyptica
Volbeat
Blind Guardian

I personally hope its Disillusion and will throw some money down in the off change that I am correct (even though they don't fit a lot of the hints) :D

Glenn says they're touring in support of a new album, that doesn't necessarily mean that the album comes out in September.

Volbeat also wasn't direct support on that Metallica tour if I remember correctly...Lamb of God was.

They were direct support on the Nightwish tour but I highly doubt they were the higher draw for that one.

I'm surprised people keep mentioning bands that have had several headlining US tours already. Or bands that a way bigger than Kamelot or Hammerfall that can sellout Center Stage on their own. Everything suggests that this will be their first headlining US tour.

I would also love to see Lady Gaga live. I bet it would be killer.

I'm going to one of the Boston shows the Friday of 4th of July weekend :)

Volbeat had the crowd hands down over Nightwish when i saw them. That wasnt just my opinion it, was a hard fact. The crowd began to thin after 2 songs into nighwish set. Alot of the crowd was out trying to talk to Volbeat by their rv or whatever.