Wanted: Music similar to Ulver's Bergtatt

Jackehh

Oct 9, 2007
Well I dont know if this is a good forum to post a request like this, but since I learned of Ulver from this forum I thought this was a suitable place to ask for more, similar music.

To be honest I am completly in love with bergtatt and I am very eager to hear more of the "folk-black metal" music that they play, especially with nylon acoustic guitars and flutes. The recording doesnt neccessarily have to be low-budget like Bergtatt is, but I don't mind low-budget either!

I'm sure there are more than me who appreciate bergtatt. To be honest, I haven't quite heard anything like it before and I would really like to find more of this kind of music so, please, share with us if you know of some!

Ulver is the only band I know that uses those flutes you speak of. I'm also interested in more..
I guess you've already heard bands like Agalloch and Wolves In The Throne Room.

我要买你妈妈。 他多少钱?

you might also look into Blood of the Black Owl, though I'm not sure it exactly what you're looking for.

Bergtatt is a classic of art-metal, one of the most brilliant works in metal ever, imo!

Negura Bunget is Romanian folklore + heavy metal, very interesting and ambitious, but i think it is yet to grow up to Agalloch in terms of sophistication, Agalloch one of the most amazing bands around, imo. Pale folklore album is the most folk influenced Agalloch album, but i think you just need to get into that band for it being such a great band, rather than just folk influenced metal... The Mantle album is like a classic already to me.

Perhaps you could start with the quiet song titled Desolation song. And then you can have Great cold death of the Earth to get a full taste of Agalloch. These two alone are enough to keep you absorbed for eternity:)

Well, altough it's quite stupid to selfpromote anything, most of October Falls-material is quite inspirired by old Ulver.

Here's few links for you, the first is with cleaner production and the second is more ug-sounding material:

http://www.debemur-morti.com/samples/October_Falls-IIIEdit.mp3 (an edit of one song from the latest full-lenght, The Womb of Primordial Nature)

http://www.debemur-morti.com/samples/October_Falls-Shores_Of_Fire.mp3 (a full-song from earlier MCD, The Streams of the End)

^^ I don't know why I didn't think to mention that before. Definitely check out October Falls.

I checked myself and was really impressed! Too bad for the poor recording on the second, cause its a great song as well.

I checked myself and was really impressed! Too bad for the poor recording on the second, cause its a great song as well.

Great to hear!

It (the second song) was actually the first song I mixed with a real drums, so sadly I didn't know better then and was not sure if I'd even officially release it ever. That's why the sound was nowhere near of the sound on the latest album (from where the first song is or actually part of it as the acoustic intro and outro is missing from the edit). On the latest album I still mixed all, but the drums were recorded by H.Sorvali and performed by M.Tarvonen (both from Moonsorrow) and the mastering was done by Tore Stjerna (Watain, Funeral Mist etc), so it was way more professional sounding.

Great to hear!

It (the second song) was actually the first song I mixed with a real drums, so sadly I didn't know better then and was not sure if I'd even officially release it ever. That's why the sound was nowhere near of the sound on the latest album (from where the first song is or actually part of it as the acoustic intro and outro is missing from the edit). On the latest album I still mixed all, but the drums were recorded by H.Sorvali and performed by M.Tarvonen (both from Moonsorrow) and the mastering was done by Tore Stjerna (Watain, Funeral Mist etc), so it was way more professional sounding.

:kickass::headbang:

Great stuff, reminds me of Thy Serpent which is a very good thing. Ive needed some new music lately in the vein of old school black/dark metal from the homeland. Aivan mahtavaa!!!

This October Falls sounds really good. I thought there was something that reminded me of Moonsorrow in the first song, hahah.