Electronic music similar in style/atmosphere to Opeth

Metalstrm

On the Serpentine Path
Apr 16, 2005
Malta
Hey, d'ya guys know any good electronic music? I've been listening to Boards of Canada, and find their scratchy atmosphere somewhat similar to the typical Opeth bleakosphere. In fact, I like them a lot. (Quite faggy, some of you might argue, but I don't give a shit).

Anyway, anything similar that you guys know of?

Nine Inch Nails... a lot of it. Slightly twisted shit but cool. If you're looking for instrumental then get Ghosts I-IV.

+1 Future Sound of London.

The first time I heard Boards of Canada was on the Salad Fingers webcartoons. Pretty good soundtrack for some f***ed up stuff.

"I LIKE RUSTY SPOONS"......

to be honest.. I wouldn't say Boards Of Canada are at all like opeth..

But i advise you to download Akira Yamaoka's Silent hill 2 and 3 original soundtracks. You'll no doubt love them.

Also, download Venetian Snare's album "Rossz Csillag Alatt Született". Intense stuff.

+1 Future Sound of London.

The first time I heard Boards of Canada was on the Salad Fingers webcartoons. Pretty good soundtrack for some f***ed up stuff.

"I LIKE RUSTY SPOONS"......

That's why I thought they sounded familiar when I first listened to them! Long live salad fingers!

Thanks for the suggestions... i tried future sol dead cities listened to first couple of tracks... Didn't really impress me but that's probably because it needs to grow on me. I'll try the others too

to be honest.. I wouldn't say Boards Of Canada are at all like opeth..

But i advise you to download Akira Yamaoka's Silent hill 2 and 3 original soundtracks. You'll no doubt love them.

Also, download Venetian Snare's album "Rossz Csillag Alatt Született". Intense stuff.

I do love those soundtracks! :)

Anybody listened to the soundtrack of 28 weeks later? There's a particular track that I remember sounded really great in the cinema.

Very good, though not sure how Opethy it really is.

Honestly, there are very few METAL bands that manage to invoke the kinda vibe that Opeth does, so to find en electronic band that does it... wow, I dunno.

If you want wintery electronic music, try looking into some triphop, there is some of that. Can't think of much else...

And i KEEL YOU.

And yeah, 28 days later soundtrack.. The 2 good songs i can remember are East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, when the guy gets out of hospital and seaches london.. And the other song is.. John something i think.. And the song's titled something like "out of the house in a flash' or whatever.. The song when the dude comes back to the army mansion and lets rip.

Damn - I was just gonna say Boards of Canada, but I guess you got there first...

Another band I would lead you to is M83. Their early stuff is very dark and brooding... I love it and you will too

I forgot a really fantastic one from the last year:
http://www.last.fm/music/Burial/_/Untrue

Burial is this dub-step electronic dude from England.

Here's some review for it:
http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/burial/untrue?q=Burial

Here's a good quote I pulled to describe the sound:
"Untrue is a devastatingly accurate depiction of urban UK--plugging the listener into the matrix of some godforsaken south London satellite, with its identikit fast food joints, repellent inhabitants and anonymous decaying sprawl."

Bleak, brooding, dark - everything an Opeth fan could ever ask for!
HIGHLY recommended