Warning: terroists listen to heavy metal!

Jaxe

Mar 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
More rubbish from the media (from news.com.au):

Charged rocker was Spider-Man fan
November 11, 2005

FELLOW students of terror suspect Shane Kent knew their classmate as a fan of Spider-Man and heavy metal, rather than a devotee of radical Islam.

Although Mr Kent never finished the multi-media course at Kangan Batman TAFE in Melbourne's Broadmeadows last year, some of his work appears on the course website, and reveals that the only Caucasian suspect among those charged with terror offences was a fan of the web-slinging superhero.
Mr Kent, who turns 29 this month, used pictures and descriptions of the movie Spider-Man 2 as a key piece of work for the assessment of his web development course.

One student from Mr Kent's course, who did not want to be named, believed his classmate, Melbourne-born and with red-blond hair, was into heavy metal.

"He had the beard long and the messy hair, and he wore the army cargo pants," the former student said.

Mr Kent's mother-in-law, who also did not want to be named, has told The Australian the father of two was discovered by police working at his home computer when they raided the family home at 2.30am on Tuesday.

Mr Kent was highly competent at the technical side of web programming and development, the former student said.

Despite his technical competence, however, Mr Kent failed to finish the course.

He did not graduate and still owes fees to the TAFE college.

He was enrolled in a certificate for multi-media and diploma of multi-media course last year, a full-time one-year course.

The course qualifies graduates to work as multi-media or web programmers and as web page designers.

But Islamic sources have told The Australian that at the time of Mr Kent's arrest, he was either unemployed or marginally in the workforce as a painter.

Family members told The Australian they had been overwhelmed by the arrest and subsequent publicity.

"At this stage we are just in shock," one close relative said. "We are a mess."

Another family member said they were "absolutely devastated" by events.

Other reports suggested the shortish, stocky Mr Kent was a keen AFL footballer.

All relatives have declined to speak in detail about the man who converted to Islam about six years ago, and is alleged to have trained with al-Qa'ida in Afghanistan.

Mr Kent faces up to 10 years in jail if he is convicted on charges of being a member of a terrorist organisation.

He was the only Caucasian to be arrested of the 17 terror suspects, though the majority are young and Australian-born.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh please, what's next? Bali bombers were listening to Brittany Spears on their ipods when they were running into those restaurants... sheesh.

Has she actually released an album in the last 5 years? I hate the way she is always everyones first pop star to be mentioned! Surely her hype must have worn off by now? Thats more depressing than the story itself...

vampyrouss said:
Has she actually released an album in the last 5 years? I hate the way she is always everyones first pop star to be mentioned! Surely her hype must have worn off by now? Thats more depressing than the story itself...

Isn't she just the appitamy of manufactured rubbish muzak?

My apologies, I should change it to someone not mentioned as much.. um.. Kylie Minogue? Or maybe Shakira? Better?

Damn Stan Lee... Evil Evil man.

Yeah, Shakira will do.
But the first one I think of is Spears too so I don't blame ya.
I think I'm going on a mission to find out how many albums "she" actually has made. It better be more than a handful by now! And I'm not talking singles...

Something like 4 albums and a billion singles... I guess I'll let her off then.