Warrel Dane is the worst vocalist I've ever heard

just thought i'd post again to demonstrate that it's not the end of the thread.

"sometimes she moves the chairs downstairs and runs away!!"

terrible, terrible, terrible lyric.

Warrel Dane has something 99.9% of vocalists will never ever have. He's distinctive. 5 seconds of him and you know it's him, his tone, pronunciation, harmonies and melodies. That counts for so much IMO.

This guy is fairly distinctive too. Doesnt mean shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nostalgic! I almost bought his CD when it came out. SHE BANGS! SHE BANGS!

Warrel Dane is definitely not the worst vocalist ever, but I'm not happy with him for butchering the Sisters of Mercy. Good on him for getting clean or whatever though.

The average being? I'll re-do my original statement though: Warrel Dane sucks and doesn't deserve to be in Nevermore.

His singing basically sounds like some dude crying and wailing. It's a fucking disaster.

Here's some examples of average:

Apples and oranges, I know, but I agree with fps. Warrell Dane is, if you will forgive my abysmal grammar, "more unique" than most metal vocalists. His voice has eroded over the years, but he is still perfectly capable and proficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
just thought i'd post again to demonstrate that it's not the end of the thread.

"sometimes she moves the chairs downstairs and runs away!!"

terrible, terrible, terrible lyric.

are you new to the band? or are you around 14 years old? you must be one or the other. only a new fan marinading in ignorance or someone incredibly immature would take one line from one song from a body of work spanning only 20 years and decide, since they don't like it, that the lyricist 'writes bad lyrics'. it's a ridiculous way to make a point, really.

u-mad1.jpg

Nevermore is a fucking awesome band, and i try to enjoy the awesome riffing of loomis, but i cant ever bring myself to listen to a full album because of warrel dane. I dont think he is really either good or shit, but his vocals just seem to get annoying to me.

you enjoyed it because he is the best guitarist in metal hands down. warrel is one of the top vocalists in metal and van is also in upper-echelon of drummers, which all put together, makes them the best metal band of the past 15 years. few bands can bring it like Nevermore does.

yep, Nevermore are indeed ruined by the god awful caterwailing of warrel dane.

phew, thought it was just me who couldn't stomach Nevermore because of the 'singing'.

other potentially great bands ruined by shitty vox:

blind guardian, demons & wizards

I had no idea so many people disliked Dane's vocals. I've always thought his voice and style fit perfectly with Nevermore music.

He's certainly not the best, but saying he's the worst? :lol:

you enjoyed it because he is the best guitarist in metal hands down. warrel is one of the top vocalists in metal and van is also in upper-echelon of drummers, which all put together, makes them the best metal band of the past 15 years. few bands can bring it like Nevermore does.

Few singers sound as elderly as Warrel Dane! That's what it is about his voice - he sounds OLD.

I think I'll go find myself Loomis' solo album, Warrel-less Nevermore sounds pretty cool.

ive tried several times to appreciate nevermore, failing each time. yes, it is the vocalist that ruins it for me.

that being said, they are much better in a live setting. they put on a great show.

Agreed, J. Warble-chan had the flu or bronchitis or something the one time I saw Nevermore, but his energy onstage was impressive.