Wartermelons are shit

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
I have a completely rational hatred of watermelons.
People gush over them, when in reality they are the least exciting melon, and among the most bland, tasteless of fruits (along with the dragonfruit).

Artificial watermelon flavour is probably the only good thing to come of them...

Thank you for your time.

I'll jump on the watermelon hatred bandwagon too. Artificial shit is as win. Real watermelon is a fail. Pretty disgusting if you ask me....

The fuck are you getting watermelons from in London? Where I come from they grow those bitches right next to the kool-aid factory, I get em in blue raspberry flavor. sweet.

Isn't watermelon high in sugar? They're sweet as fuck if you ask me, or maybe you're eating shit watermelon.

That's what I'm thinking. A real fresh watermelon is like a damn cinnamon bun. But then again I live out in farm country.

Watermelons are awesome.
Do they also come without Vodka filling? :lol:
Hot day at a festival, cooled watermellon filled with vodka is a pretty awesome thing.

Honeymelon with prosciutto too.

People gush over them, when in reality they are the least exciting melon, and among the most bland, tasteless of fruits (along with the dragonfruit).

come on. they're OK at least. why tasteless? are you getting all kind of bad ones? find a new dealer!

TIL there are quite a few types of melons.

I've had enough of them over the years to know it's not an issue with "bad" melons, that and the people I've shared them with haven't complained.
The texture and seeds put me off too, honestly I resent the fact that people get so much pleasure from something that has only ever led to disappointment in my life.

Give me a mango any day.

I also feel the need to encourage those that haven't had Prosciutto and Melon before to do it right now, the dryer the ham, the better!
And as an extension to that, the salt/sweet combo is massively underrated.

screw you melon haters

its not only about taste, watermelons are all about the texture, they just "crunch" so well when you eat them, its simply fun, even though they don't taste like much

its just like ice cream, the flavour matters less than the fact that its frozen

i hate everything with watermelon flavour though, that just defeats the purpose IMO

I hate papaya. I tried eating them a while ago but could not eat them anymore after seeing my dog putting out orange-coloured crap. It looked like his asshole was a papaya industry. Watermelon and honey melon are fine, though.