Was außer BS ?

Cold Gin

Aug 8, 2002
Germany
Visit site
Musste mich grad outen weil ich im moment BAP höre. Da fragte ich mich, was hören wohl die anderen "Brainstromer" so, wenn es mal nicht metal sein soll ? Gibt es das ?
Also für mich gibt es da zunächst einmal Kiss (oder zählt das etwa jemand zu heavy metal ??), Toto, Bap, Maffay und wenn ich noch etwas "aktuelles" nennen müßte, dann Anastacia (auch wegen der Musik ...).
Holldriho, genug davon, als nächstes lege ich MM ein !!

Welcome to the board Cold Gin.
I know Brainstorm is a German band but since we have visitors from around the world on the UM community everybody would appreciate if you wrote in English :)

For those who did not understand the question: Cold Gin wanted to know what other kind of music (apart from Metal) Brainstorm fans listen to and said he/she was listening to Kiss, Toto, BAP, Maffay and Anastacia.

To answer your question: I hardly listen to anything else than Metal :headbang: There are so many styles in Metal...they all keep me busy enough :D
I have to admit that I like Bryan Adams though :eek:

I have some non-metal favorites but I hardly ever listen to anything but metal. If I listen to a fairly melodic metal band I already crave for some heavier metal LOL!

But.. my all time favorite band is Heart , been a fan since 1976!! Either the acoustic or rock side, not really the poppy side of the 80's but as long as Ann Wilson is singing, it's killer anyway:)
So, Ann's my very favorite female singer, no one compares to her!!!

My other non-metal interests are almost always female. I am a big Melissa Etheridge fan (although her latest work is to fall asleep with), I have some Alanis Morisette, Skunk Anansie, Amanda Marschall, Kate Bush (1st 3 albums rule!!), Sass Jordan, Anouk.

I REALLY love Anastacia's voice, but her songs are not really my thing. At least not enough to buy the cds. If they were rockier I would! Love cowboy & kisses most, but I'll turn up the radio (at work) anytime at an Anastacia song:)

hey genauerin
looking at the profiles of all the people in the brainstorm forum, they are german and one is dutch (but she speaks german as well, right ??), so I believe it should be fine writing in german (as we are here to enjoy ourselves) ... Nevertheless, if everybody else wants english, I will do so as well.
By the way, how do you get the smilies into the text ?

Hi Cold Gin!

Welcome to the UM boards, and welcome here!
Yes, Gaunerin was right about the language thing. We do have other nationalities and since this BS forum is only one (!) day old, we expect, and want, many more. We are all firm believers (and most importantly the band and myself, the webmaster are firm believers) in keeping the site and the forum in english, since it is the internet language and we want to communicate with everybody in the world. Of course an occasional message in another language is no problem ;)

Using the smilies is easy: when you fill in the field for your reply, you have a window with smilies on your left. You can click on a smiley to insert it. If you click on 'get more' you see all of them, with the code. So you can either click on them or type the code! Enjoy! :)

xxx Marlies

Apart from Metal I mainly listen to weird 70's music, but it's often linked to hard rock and Heavy Metal.
I like old Blue Oyster Cult, King Crimson, Cream, Elf, Alan Parson Project and Hawkwind for example.

I think Metal is soooo diverse that you can listen to very different things without escaping this Metal universe. Sadly many people only listens to one specific kind of Metal...

@Cold Gin : I'm French, so I can't read German ;)

@Gaunerin: WAAAAHAHAHAHA after 1482 posts you never noticed you just had to click?? LOL! But once you know the codes it's easier to just type them, right. :D

@Markgugs: ONE fucking day ago!!!! I knew there would be many more visitors, but this beats all my expectations:)

It seems every day I come to UM, there's a new forum, and me, being the idiot I am, feel the need to post at all of them. :rolleyes:

(for the record, I just typed out :-r-o-l-l-e-y-e-s-: :lol: )

@Marlies: Is that YOUR tongue? ;)

Others than BS ?
Well, I don't know much of BS and I don't listen to it a lot.

Blind Guardian are my absolute fave band, closely followed (but never being reached) by Gamma Ray.

Then it depends onmy mood.
During the last weeks I listen to a lot of Dark Tranquility, thanks to Gauny ;), but usually I like all the melodic and power metal stuff (like Stratovarius, Manowar), but also "oldschool metal" such as Priest, Ozzy and Maiden.
I even listen to prog metal a lot (Dream Theater, Ayreon), some death (Hypocrisy, Children Of Bodom) and thrash stuff (Slayer, Testament) ...

I could have only said "all kinds of metal", but that would have been boring ;)

Cya
Corny

Originally posted by Marlies
Yes you idiot (yóúr words :lol: :D ), did you think I pasted someone else's into the picture?? :lol:

So now you've posted here, you also 'have' to check out the website and the band :)

Hmmm, what could be done with that tongue....;) :eek:

Oh, I already know plenty about Brainstorm. I have their past 2 releases, and for the record, they both kick arse. I like 'Metus Mortis' better, though at the moment I don't have any particular reason why.

Originally posted by markgugs

Hmmm, what could be done with that tongue....;) :eek:

Oh, I already know plenty about Brainstorm. I have their past 2 releases, and for the record, they both kick arse. I like 'Metus Mortis' better, though at the moment I don't have any particular reason why.

Errr.... lick? :lol:

Ah, good boy!:cool:
Metus Mortis simply is much stronger in several ways...

xxx Marlies