Was I listening to the right Bathory?

Ryan VH

Go Forth And Die!
Jul 8, 2006
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
I got an album from them last night, "Twilight of the Gods", and it seemed pretty mellow which was why I was questioning them being called Black Metal. Now I'm listening to "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" and holy shit does it sound different.

God dammit!

Twilight of the Idols is a fucking masterpiece in atmospheric black metal. One of Quorthon's greatest works.

UTSOTBM is also great... probably a bit more your style.

AND HE CALLS MY NAME
FIRST A WHISPER THEN LOUDER
AND HE WANTS ME TO FOLLOW
AND TO ANSWER
THE ETERNAL FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

Neanderthal Metal, Will describes. I'd like to hear some. And get Hammerheart as well if ye haveth naught.

One thing you should understand about Bathory, no album sounds the same. Quorthon was very experimental. That said, the only album I advise to stay away from is Octagon.

God dammit!

Twilight of the Idols is a fucking masterpiece in atmospheric black metal. One of Quorthon's greatest works.

UTSOTBM is also great... probably a bit more your style.

AND HE CALLS MY NAME
FIRST A WHISPER THEN LOUDER
AND HE WANTS ME TO FOLLOW
AND TO ANSWER
THE ETERNAL FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

no. they stopped being black metal after the sign. then they began a viking metal career.
by the way. YOU JUST GOT SERVED.

no. they stopped being black metal after the sign. then they began a viking metal career.
by the way. YOU JUST GOT SERVED.

I am so fucking sick with genre classification. I'm sick and tired of people going "No, thats not black metal, its viking metal with black influences" and such.