Watchmen

Astral Poetry

"Eros! Your hand...!"
Mar 21, 2003
"...it's missing!"
Has anyone else had the pleasure of reading Watchmen written by Alan Moore a.k.a. god? It is the best comic ever and is one of the most stunning works of literature. But i want to read your opinions.

No. But I do have a Novel around here somewhere (or am I thinking of something else??). Did Clive Barker have anything to do with this, or is it the Sandman series? Or am I completly deluded??

union9 said:
Thought so. I've heard about The Watchmen series, but I've never managed to read any of them.

you should go purchase it now. the series is soo good. you should be able to pick it up in one collection. just a big graphic novel

Watchmen, hands down, is the best mini-series, comic, or book I have read. And Alan Moore is god. Have you read any of his other brilliant works? Clive Barker wasn't involved in Sandman, it was Neil Gaiman. If you want a nice little finite ongoing series, get Preacher. You'll laugh with glee at all the mayhem and destruction. I won't give away the ending of the series for ya either.

VitalMarcus said:
Watchmen, hands down, is the best mini-series, comic, or book I have read. And Alan Moore is god. Have you read any of his other brilliant works? Clive Barker wasn't involved in Sandman, it was Neil Gaiman. If you want a nice little finite ongoing series, get Preacher. You'll laugh with glee at all the mayhem and destruction. I won't give away the ending of the series for ya either.

I've read From Hell, V for Vendetta, and some of his newer stuff like Top Ten. I'm looking for more written by him and currently have a psuedo-wish list of sorts going. In regards to Clive Barker, i was under the impression that he was very minimally involved in sandman (character designs and such). And i've read a little over half of the preacher series. Very very good.

Yep. Another good Alan Moore work to read is Swamp Thing. His run on it was brilliant. I've read the first collection of his work on it(there's five more), and it was very very good.

VitalMarcus said:
Yep. Another good Alan Moore work to read is Swamp Thing. His run on it was brilliant. I've read the first collection of his work on it(there's five more), and it was very very good.

I've read through about 4 or 5 of them and was extremely impressed, that being some of his first work. The man is just a fucking genius.