Watershed is #2 for 2008 at bnrmetal.com

sambojoho

May 25, 2008
Go vote for your own personal top 10 albums of 2008 at www.bnrmetal.com.

Watershed needs a boost, as it is currently getting beat by Metallica. Also, Enslaved is just out of the top 10 @#11.

For those that have never seen this site, check it out. It has a ton of info about nearly all metal bands.

^ I hate to say this, but as much as I love watershed, I must agree with the whole Cynic album.

Traced in Air is absolutely ridiculous although not my favorite 2008 album (the way of all flesh is my personal fave), that album is better than watershed IMO

Imo, Traced in air is good, but IT is nowhere near Watershed. Not when you have songs like Heir apparent, The lotus eater, burden and hessian peel.
The first four songs on Watershed are pretty much classic Opeth, but I really felt like the album kinda teetered off at the end. Basically the last three songs could have each been about two or three minutes shorter.

does this thread rly have to become yet another "watershed pwns" vs "watershed was such a let-down"/oldsk00ler vs fanboy bitch fight?

My point in posting this is to encourage you to go on the site and vote for your favorite. I would like to see Watershed get more votes here because I don't think Metallica's album deserves a #1 vote, but that is just my opinion.

that list is a joke anyways. I mean rly - trivium, soulfly, in flames, ac/dc, slipknot, and iced earth in the top 20? give me a break.

watershed wasn't in my list anyways. tmv, dark space iii, melancholie2, massive conspiracy against all life, taake, eternal kingdom, utp, assassins and something else was in my list.

Well, NDW, the list is based on readers' votes, so apparently a lot of people disagree with you.

I disagree with you too, as I didn't vote for any of those you listed, because most of them suck. Just my opinion...

Yes, Cynic's Traced in Air definitely slaps Watershed around, as did Carach Angren's Lammendam, In Mourning's Shrouded Divine, and there were a lot of great albums 2008, damn what about Bloodbath's The Fathomless Mastery, Belphegor's Bondage Goat Zombie, Canvas Solaris' The Atomized Dream, Septic Flesh's Communion, Moonspell's Night Eternal, Abigail Williams' In the Shadow of a Thousand Suns, Cradle of Filth's Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder, Kiuas' The New Dark Age, Enslaved's Vertebrae, and albums by Kalmah, Demiurg, Brocken Moon, Mourning Beloveth, Evergrey, Amon Amarth, Blood Ceremony, Fall of the Idols, Burst, Arsis.

bondage goat zombie, godspeed on the devil's thunder, in the shadow of a thousand suns, night eternal, communion, tfm all = snooze, meh, :erk:, etc.

shit I forgot about the dso split with svest. oh well, that raped that whole list too.

esoteric and dso basically lead extreme metal atm. crucible of man was absolutely shit (schaffer hasn't written a good riff in 10 years) as was shogun and a sense of purpose.

in conclusion, shit list.

slipknot doesn't even deserve to be on a metal list. neither does ac/dc.