Watershed Lyrics From Mikael

Watch Mikael come by and be like "You idiots, they are all just regular people, nothing special."
No but seriously i hope theres a cool story behind all this :)

:lol:

No but seriously.. I think this is also connected to Mike's past in some way.

He calls the lyrics "personal"

We don't know much about Mike's past but I have a feeling it was troubled.

what about a pirate that fell in love with a ninja but the pirate code would not allow them to be together so they made her (the pirate) walk the plank. and when she is a ghost she watches him fall out of love with her for a haggared sea-wench.

Hmm.. I have a hunch about something
The lyrics that aren't in the songs could be telling the story of the artwork book.

Picture 1- Your mother told me to stay and your father told me to stay
They said I'm the son now and they told you that you never existed

Picture 2-My best friend who I'd been supporting financially told me I was nothing without him

Picture 3- A drop of blood was visible between her fingers
She gave me the cup of coffee and said I like you
I have always liked you very very much

Picture 4- There is a surreal painting on her wall
Looking at it I couldn't decide whether the person in it was looking at me or walking away from me
I had made it years ago and it was made as a self portrait of the future me

Picture 5- The address is already marked down in my map
I am very familiar with the place as I'd studied it since I drew the map at age

Picture 6- She was trying to get my attention by getting overly intoxicated
She said I had changed her life and that one day we would be married

Something to think about.

Also note: The picture where it looks as if the kid is watching his parents argue has the same yellow and white curtain as on the cover

Its possible that the man sitting at his desk on the cover is in fact the boy grown.

hrm. Can somebody with both editions confirm that the picture order is the same in both booklets?

As the song seems to be about disconnection, could the missing Hessian Peel line possibly be 'Seeking tethers with a dagger'?

OPer: Thanks for the work you put into this. I did 9 lines of the regular edition code and then boredom usurped my curiousity.

As the song seems to be about disconnection, could the missing Hessian Peel line possibly be 'Seeking tethers with a dagger'?

OPer: Thanks for the work you put into this. I did 9 lines of the regular edition code and then boredom usurped my curiousity.

i didnt put it together but thanks to those who did.

Thanks for all of this thing, guys! Freakin' interesting!

The best thing is that we have now the most "Heir Apparent" lyrics transcribed - it was impossible to transcribe it by ear.

Hmm.. I have a hunch about something
The lyrics that aren't in the songs could be telling the story of the artwork book.

Picture 1- Your mother told me to stay and your father told me to stay
They said I'm the son now and they told you that you never existed

Picture 2-My best friend who I'd been supporting financially told me I was nothing without him

Picture 3- A drop of blood was visible between her fingers
She gave me the cup of coffee and said I like you
I have always liked you very very much

Picture 4- There is a surreal painting on her wall
Looking at it I couldn't decide whether the person in it was looking at me or walking away from me
I had made it years ago and it was made as a self portrait of the future me

Picture 5- The address is already marked down in my map
I am very familiar with the place as I'd studied it since I drew the map at age

Picture 6- She was trying to get my attention by getting overly intoxicated
She said I had changed her life and that one day we would be married

Could these quotes be the end of Lotus Eater and all those voices speaking simultaneously?
Just an idea, reminded me a bit of Repentance by DT.

I like how this album is kind of shrouded in mystery. :p

My best friend who I'd been supporting financially told me I was nothing without him

I can hear Mike saying this sentence in the ending of "The Lotus Eater", you have to listen carefully because he speaks very quietly, the other talking voices are a bit louder. Maybe the rest of the 'leftover' sentences are there too.

I can hear Mike saying this sentence in the ending of "The Lotus Eater", you have to listen carefully because he speaks very quietly, the other talking voices are a bit louder. Maybe the rest of the 'leftover' sentences are there too.

wait a second, at what time exactly

I think we have a context here;

-A future self portrait of the child.
-Two man shaking hand and one of them must be child who has grown. It may go with the financal help thing but I think that car looks like a funeral car. It may be the death of his mother?
-We see a grave and probably the character. It may be his mother's grave.
-The man must remember his childhood, their parents arguing and I can even propose that his father left them alone after this argue.
-The man looking for an adress. Maybe for his parents old house. Or even he could look for his father, to learn what he did after he leave them.
-We see our character deppressed.
-We see him reading something. a letter maybe.
-And a letter coming from his friend with a little money.

Now ;

According to lyrics there's a mother who dies. ( in Hessian Peel and Hex Omega ) and there's a new heir ( if his father has left and his mother dies he gets everything so Heir Apparent but the "Bush theory" cofuses me :S ) and we can associate the Lotus Eater to the man when he is depressed and he drinks also he remembers his parents arguing...
Maybe after his father left them he and his mother had a money problem and when his mother dies, he have to find a solution. So he asks for a financial help. But I can't associate this with any lyrics but maybe porcelein hearth ( "I lost all I had") but I don't see any relation with the videoclip. Burden and the Coil can be associated to the child and the mother, to their relation. They may had difficult days together when his father/her husband left them...

It's simply an idea but I'm still not sure at all about Heir Apparent...

Edit;
Wait a minute! Heir apparent can simply fit with the story the man leaves his family. So for the child he will be evil. and if they had finacial problems and all he will feel like that his father killed them, ruined their lives.

"Spiralling judgement, provoked in the rains

This futile test drowned in the levee of deception"
That can refer to the mother's tears when she was left alone..

But can it be the Mikael's past? You know he said the it was personal.. :S any ideas?

Holy shit. I didn't even know about the code thing until I opened the booklet today. This is interesting as hell, and makes the album even better. Mikael said in interviews that there's not a concept on this album, but how can there not be?? I was disappointed when I heard the lyrics wouldn't be in the booklet, but this way it's much more fun!

But if this is truly about Mikael himself; that fucking sucks.