Lotus Eater lyrics?

Dr. Peace

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2008
This is from Encyclopaedia Metallum, but I think there's a few mistakes.

"The liquid is in your throat
For hopeless delight

After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

The barren waste is your land
Your crops, they were sown to die

The skin is a mirror
The eyes hollow with ignorance
Health runs from your lips
Sucked in and safe in a world of sleep

All those years caring for a liar
A benefit road that is winding higher
You're a moth too close to the fire

You are stuck in a route of confusion
Changing and waiting and seeking the truth of it all

Fleeing your sorrows
Pushing your spirit away

Sick of the weakness of the psyche
A whisper from the heart of evil luring them all into despair
Resenting the goods of a savior

And cries out
For the restless will also die

A selection culled from the damned, drawing a lifeline of one
A friend died in your room and sought the birth of a follower

O brother, you are a killer and you target yourself
I wish you'd never come back for us to see the beckoning end

And the pride of a mother brought flaws in a mother's son
And the love from a father was used by a father's son

Overheard us talking in a smoke of lost hope
The language of a parting so clear and so true
Overheard us talking"

For example, I read that "A benefit road" was "A barren drift road" and "Health runs from your lips" was "Hell throbs from your lips"... Anyone got the 100% confirmed lyrics?

I don't like to say that, but use the search function. Someone made a thread with the 100% exact lyrics less than a week ago. And I don't think your suggestions are right. The ones on Metallum looks fine. I think.

Huh, I always thought it was:

Liquid is in your throat
Opeth's delight

Which I thought was pretty hardcore in a funny way.

After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. This is the missing verse that is not included in the encrypted text from the booklet. Why do all the guesses at the missing lyrics include the phrase "you pray forth?" I don't have a clue what that phrase even means.

I'm not sure of any of the other lyrics, but I'm pretty sure here he says "you pray for it."

Maybe no one cares at this point, but I'm throwing in my 2 cents anyway.

Thanks! I care.
In my opinion, it could be both "forth" and "for it".
What came to my mind is that it could be "you prey (not pray!) forth" and Mikael wants to express that "The Lotus Eater continues to prey other people (take their money or sth.) altough he knows that he'll die soon or plans to commit suicide (fell in love with death)"

The lyrics are "The night is call, you sally forth." Sally as in a sudden rush, or an excursion. The other lines are "A whisper from the heart of evil luring them all into despair, selling the goods of a savior" I spend 11 hours a day driving, so I have tons and tons of time to analyze song lyrics. Now if I can just figure out the first 8 words to Heir Apparent.

^^ Oh wow! Might be that.. and for Heir Apparent, I think it has been done before, you can search there's a big thread about it as far as I can remember.

^ I understand that you've been banned but don't be a (tiny) dick.

The lyrics are "The night is call, you sally forth." Sally as in a sudden rush, or an excursion. The other lines are "A whisper from the heart of evil luring them all into despair, selling the goods of a savior" I spend 11 hours a day driving, so I have tons and tons of time to analyze song lyrics. Now if I can just figure out the first 8 words to Heir Apparent.

it's not sally, it doesn't sound like an "s" at all. it's "pray forth" or "pray for it", it's hard to tell but it's definitely "pray".