WATV underrated?

GuytFromWayBack

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2017
I've only recently started listening to DT and just about finished listening to every album. What a band.

I see a lot of people saying We Are The Void is one of their weaker albums but I personally think it's an amazing album, possibly one of my favourites. When people say it was weak, are they not including the bonus tracks? Because without Where Fires Cannot Feed and Out of Gravity, maybe it's a little lacking, but those two songs complete it imo.

I have a different playlist for the album than the actual order, and I can't help but feel like this album was poorly laid out, and that's the reason it doesn't get the credit that (I personally think) it deserves.

My tracklist for it goes like this:

1. Star of Nothingness (I don't like the little intermission and think this works better as an intro)
2. Shadow in our Blood (Great opening, doesn't need changing)
3. The Fatalist
4. In My Absence
5. Dream Oblivion (I felt like this was too close to Shadow, they're not melodious songs so they work better further apart)
6. The Grandest Accusation
7. I am the Void (This was too far through the album imo, it seemed out of place)
8. Zero Distance
9. At the Point of Ignition
10. Arkhangelsk
11. To Where Fires Cannot Feed (I don't like Arkhangelsk much so I followed it up with imo one of the best tracks on the album)
12. Her Silent Language (too close/similar melody to Ignition, also thought it contrasted better with less melodious songs either side)
13. The Bow and the Arrow
14. Surface the Infinite
15. Out of Gravity (Excellent climax to the album, I always look forward to this at the end)
16. Iridium (Perfect ending, this track needs to be at the end, having bonus tracks afterwards ruins it)

Dunno, it's just something that's been bugging me, thought I'd share. Anybody else think WATV is one of their best albums?

Last edited: