We Are the Void: Your favourite track

Your favourite track of We Are the Void

• Total voters
About the legal or illegal thing: I must admit I got Below the Radiance, A Closer End, Silence In The House of Tongues and Winter Triangle illegally, since I figured I wasn't gonna spend another 15 euros for those 4 tracks, although, in retrospect, they are worth it so I might as well do it. Haven't figured how I'm gonna get Japanese bonus tracks from WATV though...

The extra ones of Fiction are excellent (all are), you could get the expanded edition that has all the bonus tracks (despite the IMO horrible booklet hehe).

From Japan? I think someone posted the link in the main album thread above. Japanese CDs are pretty expensive, especially imported, so I'm not certain anyone would blame you if you DLed a copy to supplement your legal purchase.

But, at the same time, the import is another way to throw a few bucks in the DT hat, and imports are collectible. Now, as to spending ten bucks on intangible files for one bonus track...

Yeah the Japanese ones are the most expensive, but those are the best CDs in the world. The box set of Character and Projector are beautiful, I wanted one similar with Fiction and WA(t)V, but sadly enough they weren't released in that format. If you're a real fan and have the money you should buy the Japanese release too, but it's understandable when one doesn't want to buy that CD. I'd wait, save some cash and order it. I'll probably get it after I buy the new Rhapsody :headbang: .

And I agree, I hate that there's a bonus track for iTunes. I'm too old school to buy digital versions of albums that I could perfectly get in a 'physical' format.

And I agree, I hate that there's a bonus track for iTunes. I'm too old school to buy digital versions of albums that I could perfectly get in a 'physical' format.

Frankly, I'd rather fall back on the old pirate trope: instead of paying ten bucks for the full iTunes album (while I've already got two copies!), I'll pirate the track and buy a T-shirt. That way, the band gets money (more, in fact), and I get something I can actually hold in my hand. Paying for files leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I was thinking through it, and I think the way the bonus tracks were laid out makes sense. Each special edition (iTunes full version, Ltd., Japanese) has a limited track, making it valuable for the target audience. That way iTunes folk buy the full album, since they've got something truly exclusive. The problem is, superfans are negatively impacted: buy the album three times, pirate, or don't hear the songs. I own two (because I wanted the DVD and the LP), but instead of dropping ten dollars on files, I'd rather spend a lot more on one of those drumskins. Shit, I'd write a pretty hefty check in exchange for a simple, signed "thank-you" note and feel better about the purchase than spending ten bucks on something intagible. And frankly, I think that I will be the future of the music industry.

Frankly, I'd rather fall back on the old pirate trope: instead of paying ten bucks for the full iTunes album (while I've already got two copies!), I'll pirate the track and buy a T-shirt. That way, the band gets money (more, in fact), and I get something I can actually hold in my hand. Paying for files leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I was thinking through it, and I think the way the bonus tracks were laid out makes sense. Each special edition (iTunes full version, Ltd., Japanese) has a limited track, making it valuable for the target audience. That way iTunes folk buy the full album, since they've got something truly exclusive. The problem is, superfans are negatively impacted: buy the album three times, pirate, or don't hear the songs. I own two (because I wanted the DVD and the LP), but instead of dropping ten dollars on files, I'd rather spend a lot more on one of those drumskins. Shit, I'd write a pretty hefty check in exchange for a simple, signed "thank-you" note and feel better about the purchase than spending ten bucks on something intagible. And frankly, I think that I will be the future of the music industry.

True! The real fans want to support the band, and even if iTunes is better than pirating everything; the band would get more money if one purchases something directly from them, i.e. from the tour or official store.

Ah OK, grazie. I noticed that you moved my vote to 'At the Point of Ignition'. Why did you do that?!?! I didn't want that song!!! :ill::zombie::erk:

I apologize: mind reading abilities are not available to moderators in this version of vbulletin. :p

Just kidding hehe, thanks a lot. I also saw that even if you 'move' the vote, the name of the voter stays in the original one. [/quote]

Yeah, that's how I remembered it and it hasn't changed. Basically I can play with the numbers, but once the vote is cast the poll stores your name a certain way and I can't do a thing.

The Bow and the Arrow is also available on Spotify, which is free (sort of - you have to listen to annoying ads between songs unless you pay), although you need an invitation. I got Spotify for just that one song, as I don't like paying for downloads. I have no problem buying multiple copies of every DT album to get all the bonus tracks, but I don't necessarily like it. I'm yet to order the Japanese WAtV, but I will do that in the near future.

-Villain

I apologize: mind reading abilities are not available to moderators in this version of vbulletin. :p

Just kidding hehe, thanks a lot. I also saw that even if you 'move' the vote, the name of the voter stays in the original one.

Yeah, that's how I remembered it and it hasn't changed. Basically I can play with the numbers, but once the vote is cast the poll stores your name a certain way and I can't do a thing.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

Still, I sometimes wonder if you're really the moderator we know as rahvin… because now you're actually using smileys! o_O What happened, you got laid? ;)

Perhaps I should do one of my infamous smiley attacks just to see if the old rahvin is there yet, deep inside your subconsciousness. Maybe this new guy who calls himseld 'rahvin' actually kill the original one and became the moderator!

Still, I sometimes wonder if you're really the moderator we know as rahvin…

Him? Oh, he was just a useful meat suit.

Serious answer: the way people interact on message boards and social networks changes pretty fast. Mine has, and yours as well. It's not that I have reconsidered certain ideas (i.e., using emoticons to convey meaning is kind of retarded unless you're five; a deluge of words concerning everything from world peace to UFOs is a waste of time because no one cares; etc...), as I imagine you haven't reconsidered yours. It's just that this place is really not about that anymore, and we can probably redirect our nerd rage towards Facebook or Twitter or the new flavor of the week, while we kick back and relax a bit on here, enjoying the 25-posts-per-week rhythm like a pair of comfortable old slippers. Yes, I just called you an old slipper. ;)

Him? Oh, he was just a useful meat suit.

Serious answer: the way people interact on message boards and social networks changes pretty fast. Mine has, and yours as well. It's not that I have reconsidered certain ideas (i.e., using emoticons to convey meaning is kind of retarded unless you're five; a deluge of words concerning everything from world peace to UFOs is a waste of time because no one cares; etc...), as I imagine you haven't reconsidered yours. It's just that this place is really not about that anymore, and we can probably redirect our nerd rage towards Facebook or Twitter or the new flavor of the week, while we kick back and relax a bit on here, enjoying the 25-posts-per-week rhythm like a pair of comfortable old slippers. Yes, I just called you an old slipper. ;)

Ah OK, so we've both grown up I guess. And yes, I am old… and now, depressed. Concerning the nerd stuff, did you not see the new videogame thread? Har har. ;)

I agree about downloading a few tracks. They probably would deserve it to be bought, and I would if I had the money, but in that case I'd rather spent some money on some DT shirts or tickets for the show then spend the same amount of money on one or two new tracks.

Too bad no one at all selected "The Bow and the Arrow"; it is in my top 3, narrowly behind "The Grandest Accusation" and "Arkhangelsk." Really moving and haunting, with a heartbreaking central metaphor (comparing a person jumping off a bridge to both the bow and the arrow). Most definitely worth the download.

Too bad no one at all selected "The Bow and the Arrow"; it is in my top 3, narrowly behind "The Grandest Accusation" and "Arkhangelsk." Really moving and haunting, with a heartbreaking central metaphor (comparing a person jumping off a bridge to both the bow and the arrow). Most definitely worth the download.

I thought this as well. However where we both heard "bridge" in the first line, he actually says "print". "The print you left" ties in to "The letters of your name
/A scar that never heals". It doesn't really change much, as the metaphor is still to be an arrow, an impelled object, as well as the bow, the object which controls the arrow. The "forceful push /With which you thrust yourself/Out from this world," is obviously the firing of the arrow, and I think relates to the concept in "Out of Gravity," which is leaving this reality, either through suicide or fantasy (in search of the lost one).

I too feel there's a strong thematic connection between TBatA and OoG, even though I'm not 100% sure I hear the lyrics correctly. They are both very good songs, also, and I want to have them both on a CD. I really think an EP is due here.

Still, I voted Arkhangelsk for its sheer beauty that sends chills down my spine every time.

-Villain

I voted for The Fatalist. Although it was a tossup between that and To Where Fires Cannot Feed... that is one hell of an awesome bonus track.

I didnt realise there was bonustrack called OoG until i read the poll haha. Just gave it a listen on youtube, amazing. I still dont understand how they can leave so many brilliant tracks of their cds... THis time around, i really think they would have made the CD more diverse. To throw in somewhere around song 1-5. I LOVE the atmosphere, guitarwork and melodies in Oog, i actually think its the only song they made in the last years that manages to incorporate the old day DT in satisfying way. Somehow reminds me a bit of Moonshield ( IF , i know)...