We Are the Void: Your favourite track

Your favourite track of We Are the Void

• Total voters

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
Ah I do love to conduct these polls. Pretty self explanatory, vote for what you consider your favourite track on We Are the Void, Dark Tranquillity's latest album.

My vote: I have no idea yet, but I'm leaning towards 'I Am the Void' or one of the bonus tracks.

Cheers!

- D.

Surface the Infinite

Fast, uplifting, somewhat straightforward track, but it has this energy I really dig :)

Stands out for me as well.

Yeah, that's a great line. Less furry? It doesn't get more geek than that, although I should've written 日本のCD. Hehe ;)

You should have: I ignored "Nihon" till rahvin pointed it out, what the fuck, really? Putting "Nihon" on there was dumb as shit.

Oh wait, it's you...

The Fatalist, that´s my favourite. And also Surface The Infinite, I really like that one, the chorus is very catchy. I also enjoy very much I Am The Void, but I can´t stand the intro very much.. don´t kwon why, but the rest of it is just amazing, the chorus reminds me of Damage Done (the song, not the hole album) a little.
All great songs, but The Fatalist is the one for me.

Oh, I´m leaving Out Of Gravity and The Bow and The Arrow out of the contest because I haven´t heard them yet.

It was really hard to decide over Surface the Infinite or The Fatalist, but i went with the latter. I love the intro, and the pace throughout. The harmony duet toward the middle is immaculate.

Surface the Infinite is also great. It is very straight forward, i love the electronics used toward the end.

The other songs are just as good, but these 2 stand out for me. ^^

Iridium is very emotional. The instrumental before the end is highly epic, it strikes me everytime. That pinch harmonic sounds sooooo desolate!

Her Silent Language is densly diverse, with its gothic atmosphere. Mikael shines on this one, and the guitar harmonys are perfect.

I finally went with The Grandest Accusation. I'm not entirely certain it was the right choice, since Arkhangelsk is fucking amazing. I just think, since I can't really do a good job in explaining how awesome that song is, I'll pay it tribute this way. The genius intricacy of that song is...

Yeah, I'm out of words again. It's really good, though. The three-part bridge is it's own song, the lyrics are awesome and (in conjunction with The Fatalist and At the Point of Ignition) are leading me to rethink my approach to life.

Shadow it is. Although I like the whole album very much! And I see that Martin H. voted for The Grandest Accusation, nice! :)

Oh yeah he's aphrodite666 right?

I finally went with The Grandest Accusation. I'm not entirely certain it was the right choice, since Arkhangelsk is fucking amazing. I just think, since I can't really do a good job in explaining how awesome that song is, I'll pay it tribute this way. The genius intricacy of that song is...

Yeah, I'm out of words again. It's really good, though. The three-part bridge is it's own song, the lyrics are awesome and (in conjunction with The Fatalist and At the Point of Ignition) are leading me to rethink my approach to life.

I still can't decide :p . I like all of them, but I'm going more towards 'I Am the Void', 'S(t)I' and 'Iridium'. Decisions, decisions.

Yes! That always happens when I read DT's lyrics, as I wrote in the NP thread I love the ones of 'The Fatalist'.

Your thoughts are broken, your reasoning is flawed
Defense is just a night, when lies are all you got
No, you are the fatalist,
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see,
They fade behind your argument,
The fatalistic smile

And I'm incredibly surprised 'HSL' doesn't have more votes, since it got so much praise from all of us.

EDIT:

In the end I finally voted for 'I Am the Void', what a great track! I did some thinking and it's the one that (I think) I like the most. Hehe but it's too hard to vote for just one, I was starting to get frustrated because I couldn't decide :p .

And I'm sad that 'At the Point of Ignition' doesn't have any votes, it's an excellent track. (I almost voted for it.)

I would say idrium, one of my favorite DT tracks ever. But the album is great overall, not even single less-fantastic-than-rest song on the album.

Its all good.

I won't vote yet, as I need to hear Out of Gravity first. I got Spotify just to hear The Bow and the Arrow (it's good), but Out of Gravity is not there.

As of now, my top-3 would be:
1. Arkhangelsk
2. The Grandest Accusation
3. The Fatalist

Oh yeah he's aphrodite666 right?

Nope. Guess again.

Your thoughts are broken, your reasoning is flawed
Defense is just a night, when lies are all you got
No, you are the fatalist,
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see,
They fade behind your argument,
The fatalistic smile

The actual lyrics, according to the booklet, are:

Your thoughts are broken
This reasoning is flawed
The defense is just an act
And lies are all you've got

You are the fatalist
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see
Defeat behind your argument
That fatalistic smile

Although I'm pretty sure Mikael starts the second line with "Your" instead of "This".

And I'm incredibly surprised 'HSL' doesn't have more votes, since it got so much praise from all of us.

That's probably because it actually did not get that much praise except for Mikael's excellent clean vocals - apart from those I think it's among the weakest tracks on the album.

-Villain

@Villain: this is what I have for that bit. I checked, it should be correct.

Your thoughts are broken
Your reasoning is flawed
Defence is just an act

You are the fatalist
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see
That fatalistic smile

I won't vote yet, as I need to hear Out of Gravity first. I got Spotify just to hear The Bow and the Arrow (it's good), but Out of Gravity is not there.

As of now, my top-3 would be:
1. Arkhangelsk
2. The Grandest Accusation
3. The Fatalist

Nope. Guess again.

The actual lyrics, according to the booklet, are:

Your thoughts are broken
This reasoning is flawed
The defense is just an act

You are the fatalist
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see
That fatalistic smile

Although I'm pretty sure Mikael starts the second line with "Your" instead of "This".

That's probably because it actually did not get that much praise except for Mikael's excellent clean vocals - apart from those I think it's among the weakest tracks on the album.

-Villain

Ah so who is it? May we know? I already knew but since he never posts I keep forgetting it, I feel like I've had this discussion before.

Ah OK thanks for the correction, I just did a c/v from the net hehe.

The guitars did get some praise too! I like them a lot, and I think the lyrics are quite romantic :) .

@Villain: this is what I have for that bit. I checked, it should be correct.

Your thoughts are broken
Your reasoning is flawed
Defence is just an act

You are the fatalist
You are the fatalist

How easy can we see
That fatalistic smile

Grazie!