wave your hand in the air if you just don't care about breakdowns

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
*waves hand*

there should be a compilation every season called "breakdownz-gone-wild!!11"
and if you play breakdowns, you can only release your material on that compilation

"coming this march, breakdownz-gone-wild spring break editionzzzzzz!!!111"

It is one of the most filthy words in the English language! The word "breakdown" is up there with brussell sprouts, toilet, behringer, holden camira, Tad Donley, Dr Pepper, falafel, taxes, Killswitch Engage, South Australia, passion pop, Collingwood and tampons, just to name a few! Fuck I hope this brekdown shit fizzes out in the next 3 minutes or so .................... :puke:

falafel is the shit >:{

breakdowns are cool when done properly by like cryptopsy or decrepit birth or immolation, but none of this scene shit.

I can't stand bands who use breakdowns for autotelic reasons.

Take a band like All Shall Perish: Contrary to many bands in their genre, these dudes can actually play. But they can't write well arranged, flowing songs if their life depended on it. Every time they have a somewhat good build up, nice riffage, they ruin it by going into the next breakdown, usually paired with pointless wank.

Few bands can incorporate breakdowns in a way that they actually suit or support the flow of a song. Machine Head and Hatebreed come to mind, old KSE maybe, but that's about it. For me at least.

Basically... fuck deathtrendcore and the epitome of that crap: "beatdown" bands.

IMHO

Fuck 'em except for Lamb of God or good Death Metal bands that actually use them parsely (and well-placed) as Gareth said.

I was quite surprised to read today that Oceano tapped Zeuss for their new one. I mean, Zeuss is great and all... but Joey, you made that band being where they are now.

I was quite surprised to read today that Oceano tapped Zeuss for their new one. I mean, Zeuss is great and all... but Joey, you made that band being where they are now.

yea but think of how much it'll benefit joey if zeuss' mix ends up sounding nowhere near as good...

That reoccurring breakdown in Cryptopsy's "Silence The Tyrants" is probably the only one that I truly love:

So fucking heavy. Also my favourite song off that record. So ridiculously heavy.

Edit: So heavy, I wrote it twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
falafel is the shit >:{

breakdowns are cool when done properly by like cryptopsy or decrepit birth or immolation, but none of this scene shit.

Death metal bands have the worst breakdowns

some breakdowns are fucking sick
BURY YOUR DEAD
ACACIA
FOR THE FALLEN DREAMS
MISERY SIGNALS
EVERGREEN TERRACE

those bands fucking know how to work a breakdown.

dm breakdowns suck

If I did that well with a band and the management decided to go with Zeuss, I'd walk to their offices and start flinging 10-foot hammers into their building while Tesla coils lit the entire block with brilliant, lethal, chaotic arcs.

"Who's the Norse god of thunder and fucking huge hammers now, fuckheads?" I'd scream.

"That's Thor. Where the fuck did you get so many Tesla coils? And where's the thunder supposed to come from? This is just weird," they'd respond.

"Oh, balls, that's right," I'd respond, before their building caught on fire and everybody died. It wouldn't matter, though, because I killed them with *science*.

Anyway, fuck breakdowns.

Jeff