Way off-topic but too cool not to share......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Was browsing my news feeds on Facebook........ normal cool stuff, some I replied to..... yada yada. Then I came upon a live Sade video. I remember Sade..... "Smooth Operator" etc. so I played it. I was absolutely blown away by this performance. While clearly off-topice, I am confident some here will really dig this........

Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that song from the 80's and while never a fan back then, I have respected her work. I actually have a few of her vinyls. She's still going strong and still looks almost the same. Funny how I got older and now am more open to her stuff.

I like Sade. I remember thinking Smooth Operator sounded like a female Steely Dan to me (a non-metal favorite of mine they are), in that she does that kind of smooth jazz over-produced thing, but with a kind of soul that you can pick up on after a few listens. There's something deep about her. She has a really great record called Love Deluxe.

Check this cover of the great Thin Lizzy track...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6DPgh-8VA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk6DPgh-8VA[/ame]

I remember that song from the 80's and while never a fan back then, I have respected her work. I actually have a few of her vinyls. She's still going strong and still looks almost the same. Funny how I got older and now am more open to her stuff.

She does look great and still sounds great as well.

Sade has a really unique voice, sort of a comforting and soothing type.
I've never been a major fan, but I've always admired her voice and a few of her songs.

I agree 100%. I equate her voice to an angel's and I am not even religious. She has a persona and voice that is larger than life.

I like Sade. I remember thinking Smooth Operator sounded like a female Steely Dan to me (a non-metal favorite of mine they are), in that she does that kind of smooth jazz over-produced thing, but with a kind of soul that you can pick up on after a few listens. There's something deep about her. She has a really great record called Love Deluxe.

Ha ha ha. Cool comparison. I think SD and Sade are similar in some ways. Sade has always been an enigma to classify. First of all, Sade is not a person, but a band. Helen Folasade Adu, Andrew, Paul and Stewart were there from the beginning and are still a band. Sade has always blended adult contemporary, Jazz, R&B, soul and even some Mediteranian influences in their style with different influences in different songs, yet maintained a style and flair their own that flowed through their releases. Great band.

Bryant