WD or JEFF...one of ya should ansrew this thread

Man, some people don't have a sense of humor at all. Some people take life "way too" seriously. this thread is all in good fun and ledmag is just pointing out/and asking about, the obvious. LIGHTEN UP. SHIT!!!. Let me ask, who are the real retards?.

ZANEX said:
Man, some people don't have a sense of humor at all. Some people take life "way too" seriously. this thread is all in good fun and ledmag is just pointing out/and asking about, the obvious. LIGHTEN UP. SHIT!!!. Let me ask, who are the real retards?.

I think it's "retarded" that so many of you seem to be concerned with a band member's positioning in a picture...

And you call yourself fans...

I've been listening to these guys (Sanctuary/Nevermore) since I had Refuge Denied on vinyl and I have to say as a "true fan" their latest is their worst. And it's not just the production...

Not to say that it won't grow on me, but still...

oh you are so true... I think everyone here cares about your lame ass opinion just as much as you care about everyone elses. wow the new one is their worst huh, well that is great for you. as a "true fan" myself I actually am quite fond of it, I am not going to sit here and nit-pick it against all the other albums because I prefer trying to listen with an open mind and not just judge it on all of their past works. this new disc is top notch metal, too bad you don't hear it that way

LSDphilosophy said:
oh you are so true... I think everyone here cares about your lame ass opinion just as much as you care about everyone elses. wow the new one is their worst huh, well that is great for you. as a "true fan" myself I actually am quite fond of it, I am not going to sit here and nit-pick it against all the other albums because I prefer trying to listen with an open mind and not just judge it on all of their past works. this new disc is top notch metal, too bad you don't hear it that way

I could care less. Fact is though, I do care about other people's opinions as we are supposed to be a community of metalheads, but it's apparent that if people don't agree with you that you are threatened and have to make assinine and sarcastic posts like the above..

Bottom line, I just can't believe with the plethora of produces out there, they chose Kelly Gray... :ill:

First off, I'm not concerned with the positioning of band members in a picture. As I stated, ledmag was stating and pointing out the obvious. Also, I've been a SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE fan since "Refuge Denied" because this guy in one of my Psychology classes in college gave me the cassette because he thought it was, (get this) TOO EVIL. As for "retards", other terms used to describe someone of this nature include: mentally retarded, (ranging from mild, moderate, severe,to profound), mentally and/or physically challenged, developmentally disabled, etc...( "crazy", "looney", "a beer short of a six pack", "a fry short of a HAPPY MEAL", YOU GET THE PICTURE) Anyway, I worked with some of these "individuals" for approximately 6 years and these "certain people" have been called many things. Therefore, no disrespect to the "mentally challenged/developmentally disabled".

bah it's no big deal dude... just why attack this thread when really nothing terrible is being discussed just your general joking/bullshitting around... if you knew ledmag, if you knew zanex, if you knew myself than you would know that we ahve been on these boards for a while... some of us even before the nevermore board was moved to UM, even before UM was created. so trying to belittle us as fans for just bullshitting around is a pretty fucking shallow thing to do... besides I bet jim would be flattered that we think he has a masculine looking grill that the ladies love

"I could care less. Fact is though, I do care about other people's opinions" -papa josh

sorry man but that line is just too hilarious to not point out

LSDphilosophy said:
"I could care less. Fact is though, I do care about other people's opinions" -papa josh

sorry man but that line is just too hilarious to not point out

Glad you got a laugh out of taking the line out of context...

Clever.

Sorry I didn't know you before hand, but to enter the NEVERMORE board and some of that stuff to be the first stuff you read, what would anyone expect a newbie to think? Perhaps you guys don't care and that's cool. Not gonna knock you for it.

But as this board is a promotional tool for the band to get the word out on them and the things surrounding their music, I can see why they might distance themselves a bit from it.

Like I said, before you butchered my comments, we are a community, one that the mainstream has always laughed at, ridiculed, been afraid of, etc. When it comes to metal, I believe in it 100%, which is why I do what I do.

I guess I just get pissed off sometimes at how even the metal community has to have all of this bickering, flaming and slagging one another.

In the words of the mighty MANOWAR, "If you're not into metal, you are not my friend."

Strength Through Numbers,
Papa Josh

oh come on you are making more of this than what it is... you are turning this into some metal crusade rant. I totally agree that this forum should be used to promote the band... so now my question is, do you think you coming onto this board slagging the band for their recent effort is helping promote nevermore. or do you think some people would be turned off already because so many people are putting this record down do to just some production qualities that in reality really are not that terible, eq is adjustable you know

ct_thrash, how ya doing. Yes, I'm an old BASTARD. Papa Josh, I see where you're coming from. The Metal community does get slagged. I agree with strength in numbers. As a newbie to the NEVERMORE board, let me be the first to say: WELCOME TO THE FALL!!!

LSDphilosophy said:
oh come on you are making more of this than what it is... you are turning this into some metal crusade rant. I totally agree that this forum should be used to promote the band... so now my question is, do you think you coming onto this board slagging the band for their recent effort is helping promote nevermore. or do you think some people would be turned off already because so many people are putting this record down do to just some production qualities that in reality really are not that terible, eq is adjustable you know

I am not slagging the band, I slag the producer as I don't think he is capable of getting a great performance out of anybody, as that is a producer's job. I don't think he can mix a cd worth a shit, which as the mixer is his job.

Saw Queensryche with him playing guitar. He can't even come close to touching Chris Degarmo's skill.

He made Van's drums sound like Lars' on St. Anger....
That takes a masterful mind! :tickled:

And yes, any time someone talks about a band that is spread through word of mouth, be it criticism or praise, it is a good thing.

Wow, this is the most on going thread about nothing ever.....oh, that's right........nevermind. But this is the most bbbooooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg on going thread about nothing ever......oh, that's right.......nevermind. What I am trying to say is...SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!