Vince's Italian Ristorante - The Womb of Nevermore

HandBanana.jpg

I wonder if I ever met you. I used to hang out at Vince's all the time, along with Uptown Espresso which was a couple of doors away.

Remember Desirée? Remember the expression "Lose the geeks" ?? (that was Meredith) Jim made the best carbonara I've ever had, and Warrel made the best arrabbiata.

The juke box was awesome. Pantera, Trouble, AIC woohoo!!

The big tits were courtesy of Jackie I believe.

:)

Warrel had some really great acid. It was in the form of a little purple gelatin pyramid- he gave me two doses. I managed to convince my wife to do them with me- we were so zonked out. We managed to walk over to 7-11, but for some reason we were upset that we were not wearing hats. So we went home, got hats, and returned to 7-11 to continue shopping. I can still make my wife laugh by mentioning the hats. Warrel got the best shit.

ABSOLUTELY! ...I remember that as well. He had a friend that was attending the UW and would cook up some other stuff prior to the gels. These were just purple blotches on some type of paper. Each dots would be different sizes, so you didn't really know what amount was coming...you just knew it was going to be good. I remember we went to a party and he and I ended up sitting outside in the car for a few hours rambling and watching stuff and people going in and out of the party. o_O Awesome memories of purpleness...

As a tribute to the cooking talents of Warrel and Jim, and with their guidance, I created my own hybrid pasta sauce, with lots of garlic and chili, black olives, capers etc. I called it "Arrabbiaputa" - the angry whore.

Seemed appropriate at the time.

:)