We just saw Nevermore

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Hawk and me just returned from a special headliner club-gig from Nevermore. Venue was the world famous (in Belgium anyway) Biebob club. Fangface also showed up after a 7 houre drive, damn, that's pretty cool !!! Great to see you again Fang, in future we should try and make it a longer meet again !! It's really almost saying hello and goodbye each time !!
Opener was The Ziko Chain, forget that name please, what a bunch of emo shit !! It's beyond my comprehension how bands like Nevermore can allow this kind of bands to open for them... Well, let's forget that, let's talk about Nevermore; past 2 times I saw them the sound was bad to very bad, now sound was good and what a difference !! Nevermore must be one of the most powerfull live bands ever !! Gig was sold out and the place was steamin' !! (seemed like a free sauna on top of the Nevermore gig). Also great to see alot of younger people are into Nevermore...I guess the next generation of Metalheads is making it's path !! :headbang:
On top I met this guy I made a Metal Magazine with in the mid 80's, hadn't seen him in 20 years. Complete suprise, never had thought to see him again ever!! I'll see if I can steal some pics somewhere and post them later on...

Next week ProgPower Europe is on the list, guess we only will do Sunday, bands there are Riverside, Communic, Sphere of Souls, Dark suns, Voyager and Nova Art.

Sounds like a great time...glad you guys enjoyed the gig. You are correct - when NM are on top of their game, there aren't many better. I saw them ealier this year and they were fantastic...spot on.

Excellent! Sounds like you had a good time. That's pretty cool that it was so packed. Maybe that's a sign of things to come.

Fang, a seven hour drive!?!? :kickass: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass:

I've been running into one of my old friends at shows in Denver the last couple of years. Before that started happening, I hadn't seen him in ten years. He's the one that got me started on KISS way back in grade school and there was no looking back after that. Always cool to see him.

Have fun at PP Europe. Looks to be a good lineup.

Ultra cool for you guys. I hope you have some pics to share. One day we get Hawk, Fang and you altogether with the rest of us psychos on one gig or another.

That's awesome man, I can only imagine the sheer strength of their live show. Has anybody heard any updates on their DVD filming? I know they were going to this month but canceled one of the shows, that's the last I heard.

Oh, and I couldn't agree more that younger people are getting into Nevermore. I practically shove them down people's throats when they ride in my truck.:heh: I've got one of my friends absolutely hooked on TGE, he just recently got a new guitar and up until then he only used Les Paul model guitars, this time he got a black Schecter.:lol:

The show went great, although too short.
But just like Gert it's actually the very first time I see them with a good sound, and what a difference that makes! Nevermore is such a crushing live band now.

Here's the setlist :

Final Product
Next in Line
Inside Four Walls
The River Dragon Has Come
Sentient 6
Never Purify
I Am the Dog
I, Voyager
Born
Enemies of Reality (with Hawk and me being the loudest back-up singers in the audience :D)
My Acid Words
-------------------------------
This Godless Endeavor
Narcosynthesis

Wheezer said:
Fang, a seven hour drive!?!? :kickass: :headbang:
Well yeah, but it should have been no more than 4 hours initially :D
Thanks to bloody traffic jams around Paris and Lille, accidents here and there, fucked up road signalisation at Antwerpen, and finally the damn closed exit right before Vosselaar, it took me 3 hours more than planned! :lol: I arrived just in time for Nevermore.
I guess you have to deserve it!

EDIT : It reminds me when we arrived in Vosselaar, we stopped the car somewhere and I rushed into a bar to ask how to find the venue. The funny thing is that I didn't have to say a single word as the barman saw my shirt and gave me the direction to Biebop right away :D

Fangface said:
Here's the setlist :

Final Product
Next in Line
Inside Four Walls
The River Dragon Has Come
Sentient 6
Never Purify
I Am the Dog
I, Voyager
Born
Enemies of Reality (with Hawk and me being the loudest back-up singers in the audience :D)
My Acid Words
-------------------------------
This Godless Endeavor
Narcosynthesis

Looks to be the same setlist as when I saw them last year in Denver. Fairly representative of all their material.

Fangface said:
Well yeah, but it should have been no more than 4 hours initially :D
Thanks to bloody traffic jams around Paris and Lille, accidents here and there, fucked up road signalisation at Antwerpen, and finally the damn closed exit right before Vosselaar, it took me 3 hours more than planned! :lol: I arrived just in time for Nevermore.
I guess you have to deserve it!

Ahhhh! I feel your pain, Mon Ami. At least you got there in time to catch NM. Hopefully the drive home was less eventful.

Awesome! Hope to see some pics soon!

Last time we saw them (about a month ago) they were excellent... they did start a bit late though and it was the end of the day of a whole day festival and a Sunday so I felt I was loosing steam.

Wheezer said:
Looks to be the same setlist as when I saw them last year in Denver. Fairly representative of all their material.
I wish they played more material from "Politics of Ecstasy" and "Dreaming Neon Black", still I love 90% of what they have written so far so I can't complain too much.

Ahhhh! I feel your pain, Mon Ami. At least you got there in time to catch NM. Hopefully the drive home was less eventful.
The drive home went ok, thanks :)

Yep it was great! Both seeing Fanface and Nevermore and of course hooking up with my buddy carnut!

I am looking forward to sunday. I am going to see Communic for the first time! YEA!! :headbang:

Hawk said:
Yep it was great! Both seeing Fanface and Nevermore and of course hooking up with my buddy carnut!

I am looking forward to sunday. I am going to see Communic for the first time! YEA!! :headbang:
COMMUNIC...I really want to see those guys.:headbang:

TheWhisper said:
I put the word in Glenn's ear this year. Every time I saw him it was - "Redemption...Communic"! Hopefully he paid attention.:lol:

Cool!!! I'm hoping for Vanden Plas too. I don't think anyone needs to put a bug in his ear for them though.

The keyboardist for Redemption was on my flight back to Denver and I BSd with him for a bit. He's heard the new Redemption and said it's more technical. He's only their live keys but his main band is Prymary. I hadn't heard of them before that but I downloaded their latest and am currently playing the daylights out of it. Pretty good stuff.

There was a Nevermore show around here a couple of months ago I beleive. I wanted to make it but I couldn't. Then I heard the next day from a friend that after the opening bands played they were told Nevermore would not be playing that night. So, in the end I didn;t miss anyhting, but had I gone I would have been quite upset.

I found pics of NM in Vosselaar : http://www.noise-web.com/photos/index.php?pers=1&rep=nevermore2006

And now here's the Frankfurt setlist for the very last gig of the tour, take a look at the few changes :

Final Product
Next in Line
Inside Four Walls
I am the Dog
Dreaming Neon Black :cry:
Dead Heart in a Dead World :headbang:
What Tomorrow Knows/Garden of Gray :kickass:
Born
The Learning :OMG:
Sentient 6
I, Voyager
-------------------------------------
This Godless Endeavor
Enemies of Reality

Aaaaaaaah I should have attended that gig as well!

Wow thats a killer setlist! The Learning is my favorite Nevermore song :headbang: Maybe even my favorite metal song!!

And the pictures look great. Thanks for the link. :)