WE Want Evergrey to Come to Perth- dont we? Come here then!

Do you want Evergrey to come to Perth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whiplash67

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2006
Theyre coming as far as Sydney and Melbourne...so close yet so far!
Anyone in support of Evergrey coming to Perth please leave your vote and lets get onto promoters and Capitol or Claremont showgrounds would be a good venue! Come on,,,I love this band I want them to come to Perth...thats only 2 hours from me and POSSIBLE. SHOW YOU WANT THEM!
:headbang:

Yeah I know but $700+ probably each way isnt possible right now. Why didnt Evergrey advertise 6 months ago so I could have said no way to slayer tix, no way to crustys, i want Evergrey...I serenaded a guy in the video shop tonight with Monday morning.lol
I'm gonna have a listen to your stuff though. Thats so cool how you do that!
Why are all the gorgeous male metal heads in bloody melbourne? DOH!
If I fly over will you put me up? :D

Im going to the Melbourne show. It'll be the first time Ive seen Evergrey live. It's gonna be kick ass!:headbang:

oi, there are some gorgeous male metal heads in perth too u know! :lol:

In all seriousness, evergrey was the first international that has missed perth that i was upset about - i mean fark, i was upset when nevermore and testement both cancelled (after buying tickets) but evergrey would have been awesome - recreation day is one of my fav albums of all time - oh well ill have to just be happy with a night to remember....

From what I hear the Perth metal scene would easily fill a venue for Evergrey. I'll be going to Melbourne, but I hope you guys get what you want.

On plane tickets - it'd be stretching to reach $700 return, let alone one way. I just looked up the cheapest Virgin Blue flights for a trip to Melbourne on the 12th and back to Perth on the 13th and it came to AU$410 (not including other costs, which aren't much for domestic flights).

ive travelled twice in the last two years for gigs (megadeth in melbourne '05 and gigantour in sydney last year) Both trips made the experience all the better. The only reason im not going to travel for evergrey is due to the liklyhood of dream theater and symphony x both touring for their new albums and having to travel for them!

I live in Wagga Wagga and we're the same distance from both Sydney and Melbourne, so I get to take my pick and usually travel by road (4.5 hours). On the rare occasions of a plane trip it only costs a little. The point is that I'm in a decent position to catch just about any gig, and if tickets sell out at one place I can go to the other. I also have the choice of road, train or plane. It's a good life. ;)

Last time Soilwork were out here my mates and I drove to Melbourne to see them, then we drove home for a pit-stop the next day and made our way to Sydney to see them again. It added up to around 2000kms of driving within a couple of days, but it was oh-so worth it!

I'm not the promoter of the tour and feel for the other sates that don't get the shows but i'm gathering financially wise only 2 shows were doable.Remember BLIND GUARDIAN only played Melbourne earlier this year and they are a bit more known you'd have to say at least and GAMMA RAY only did Syd and Melb too.At least NEVERMORE went out and did Adelaide and Brissy, champions! :)I know you must have a lot of Prog Power fans over there in W.A.and given the lack of touring bands in this genre a band like EVERGREY probably would do well there.We can only hope they do well here and come back soon with the promoter taking them to more locations.
I must also add that VOYAGER kick ass.Great Perth Prog band!:worship:
For those who make it to of these shows i hope you enoy it and get to see all 3 bands. A killer triple bill i say. :headbang:

EVERGREYwebflyer.jpg
[/QUOTE]

At least NEVERMORE went out and did Adelaide and Brissy, champions! :)

... but cancelled their perth show which i had tickets to! :cry: Oh well, at least testament came over.... wait a minute :erk:

Both those shows got cancelled due to, i assume, low ticket sales. I think both were cancelled too early, as the majority of metal fans over here dont buy their tickets weeks in advance...

... but cancelled their perth show which i had tickets to! :cry: Oh well, at least testament came over.... wait a minute :erk:

Both those shows got cancelled due to, i assume, low ticket sales. I think both were cancelled too early, as the majority of metal fans over here dont buy their tickets weeks in advance...

I'm good friends with the guy who bought NEVERMORE out here. He had wanted to do the Perth show and all was set but the venue actually dumped the show a few weeks out sighting poor ticket sales and was not in the interest of the venue to go ahead with the show.So he had no choice and i think lost money on that part because of this.
I understand about sales and i buy most of my tickets on the night but i guess for W.A. its a bit different as your out of the way and gotta prove the show is worth doing and by getting good sales early it's the best way for you guys.I do hope you get more bands over there soon.
:headbang:
I would love to bring TRANSCENDING MORTALTY over there for a show but i don't know that anyone would give a shit.:lol:

Yeah, i understand that sometimes these things are out of the promoters hands

I would love to bring TRANSCENDING MORTALTY over there for a show but i don't know that anyone would give a shit.:lol:

As for TM, id personally love to see them over here. Although, I think you're probably right - there isnt a massive prog scene over here... Although if you had them on a mixed bill with some other bigger west aussie/aussie bands im sure you'd pull a decent crowd. :headbang: