Weird things

i remember i was always deathly afraid of the basement at my old house even though it was nice and finished, becasue with the lights out it would be pitch black, even in the day. so one time when i was nine or ten i was sitting down in the basement, my brother had just gone upstairs and i was beginning to feel uncomfortable becasue i was alone downstairs and it was storming outside. i turned on the tv, don't remeber what i was watching, and after a while there was a loud thundercrash and the power went out. i was scared shitless, but i decided to confront my fear and closed my eyes and sat there. finally i decided to go upstairs where my parents were . i quickly walked to the stairs and began walking up them and heard footsteps behind me. i suddenly froze and they stopped, so i thought they were just echoes or something so i continued. all of a sudden i heard the sickest, blood curdling shriek i had ever heard and it came from right behind me. i nearly fell down the stairs, regained my footing and ran like hell. my mom saw me round the corner in the candlelight and aked what was wrong. it was weird, no one else heard the scream in my house but me and it was LOUD. i still get antsy in dark basements.

Now I'm all scared. I feel like there's something behind me. Should I turn around????? Ugh, there's nothing there. Okay. These kinds of things freak me out even more since I always put myself in the story and imagine that it was happening to me. Bleedingskeptics story scared me the most.

My scariest story was when I was around 7 and I was at my grandpa's and I looked outside (I did that alot). It was broad, clear daylight. There was the herd of geese honking outside. Not excactly the setting for a terrifying occurence. I looked away from the window for a second and then looked back and there was a woman's face pressed right up on the window with her mouth open and her eyes all wide. She didn't look scared, she looked evil. Or at least angry. It was only there for a split second. But I was sitting right next to the window. So the face was not even a foot away from me. Only an inch between me and that.......thing. Then for about 3 months afterwards I would see her, from far away usually. She was in my dreams, she would call my name from the woods on our property late at night. My grandpa never heard anything, but he believed me. He thought there was a demon after me and he was a very devoute Christian, so he basically plastered my room with crucifixes and he prayed over my bed every night. I was young, and so I believed, with all my heart, that god would save me. A few weeks later I stopped seeing her, even in my dreams. I don't think it was god that saved me, but I think it was my grandpa's and my faith combined. No matter what you believe in, I think it might be faith in that whatever that keeps the nasties at bay.

Now I'm gonna hae nightmares. Thank you. :cry:

my life has been comparitively boring then.

The other night there was this weird big shadow that kept passing over my wall, and it was 3am at night and i wasnt sure if i saw it not, and then 1 minute later id see it out of the corner of my again. And only about the 10th time it happened was i looking directly at the shadow to see that it was actually real. And i was facing away from the light the whole time so as soon as i turned around there was nothing there at all. I was the only one awake, there were no moths or anything flying around and i was really confused. And then i noticed a TINY TINY spider on the rim of the light fixture, it was walking around and around and around the rim of the light fixture at full speed constantly, really stupid spider it was, mustve thought it was actually getting somewhere.

Originally posted by Jayde
Now I'm gonna hae nightmares. Thank you. :cry:

That was a great story. To an outsider such as myself it seems like a case of an active imagination however, do you feel it was? Do you have an opinion about whether or not what you saw originated from inside or outside of your mind? just curious,

Satori

Ok, I have a tale to tell, and I can assure you that it's absolutely true and complete. I didn't have the opportunity to experience this story myself, it happened before I was born to my family and it's something I've been aware of ever since I can remember.

I grew up in a relatively isolated part of Canada. Back then before I was born in the early 70's my parents would leave the 3 kids home alone sometimes during the day on the weekends to do shopping and visiting or whatever. It was normal back then. But the oldest girl, who I'll call M, was 12 so it's not that big of a deal I guess. Pardon my babbling, pot can have that effect on me sometimes, hehe.

So there are 3 kids at home, B the boy aged 8, C a girl aged 10, and M the main character in this story, aged 12. They were in a 2 story apt connected to the ground level with 2 exits, a front and back door. They were playing hide and seek and when they played this (I know cuz I did the same thing) they went through the house and locked all the windows from the inside (not that anyone would ever climb out a window anway, it wasn't exactly safe or fun) and they also locked the front and back screen doors with those old style hook and eye type locks. The reason they lock everything is 2-fold, they are home alone and they want to be safe and they don't want any hide and seek players to secretly sneak and hide outside (considered cheating). Of course, if someone did actually hide outside they'd know about it cuz one of the doors would be unlocked, but even if someone did open a door the kid who was counting (not hiding) would hear it since they are like at most 15 feet away from either door. The same goes for the windows, they are all locked and there's no way someone could possibly slip out a window without being heard. So they are locked in the house-style apartment, all locks can only be access from the inside, no one gets in, no one gets out, it's that simple.

So they play the game. They play for a while and then it's C's turn to count and B and M hide away. C hunts for them and finds B within a few minutes, then she looks for M but can't find her. After a while, B and C start looking for M but they can't find her. Together they go through every section of every room in the pretty small place and can't find her. They check the locks on the doors and windows, everything is locked. They start calling out to her "M, we can't find you, we give up, come out, we'll wait for you in the bathroom so you don't have to reveal your hiding spot." No response. More searching and yelling go on, but no luck. So B and C decide to just watch TV and let her come out when she's ready.

Hours pass and still no M. By now C (the older of the 2) becomes very concerned. Eventually it get's dark outside and our parents arrive at home. They have to be let in cuz the door is locked from the inside. Immediately B and C tell my parents about how they lost M and don't know where she could be. My parents are unconcerned, my dad said she probably hid somewhere and fell asleep and that she'd make an appearance after she woke up. So the 2 parents and the 2 kids make and have dinner and watch TV. By now about 4 hours has passed since they've seen M.

In the kitchen (which is in the center of the apartment) there is a small broom closet. In my sibling's hunt for M they checked that closet numerous times, it was the most obvious hiding spot in the house. In this closet was a shelf and that's where they kept the Oreo's. My mother also went into this closet several times which making dinner and there was nothing out of the ordinary in there.

At this point the "facts" surrounding the story are much more reliable because they were seen by both my parents

My brother B went into the closet to get the cookies and there was M in the closet, giggling kinda hysterically. B was shocked to see her there and asked how she managed to not get found for so long and M looked at him like she had no idea what he was talking about. She stepped out of the closet and the first thing she said was something about how C was supposed to be looking for her, not B, C was counting in the game (she still thought the game was going on after 4 hours). Then she saw that mom and dad were home, she couldn't understand why they were home so "early" or how they could get home without her hearing them (the door is like 5 feet from the closet where she was apparently hiding for the last 4 hours and they aren't exactly quiet people either, she should've heard them talking and making dinner and shit). Then she was surprised that it was dark outside and she appeared very confused. My parents thought this was very strange and they both came into the kitchen where she was and starting talking to her about the odd things she was saying. They explained to her that all that time had passed and asked her where she was hiding all that time. She said she was in the broom closet, but they know for a fact she wasn't, so they tell her she's lying and ask again. My sister M cannot provide any adequate answers and now my parents are concerned that she is lying or having some kind of mental problems cuz she's acting so weird.

Then all of a sudden for no reason M just completely changed her story and told them she had been taken by aliens in a space ship. She explained what the aliens looked like, what the ship looked like, and told them about samples they took from her. She eagerly showed them 3 parts of her body, her stomach, wrist, and tongue, explaining that this is where they had taken the samples. In each of these 3 parts of her body there were identical markings which my father very seriously told me many years later looked tiny cube-shaped sections had been removed from her skin. It didn't go all the way through and cause bleeding, but they were deep enough to see easily. It looked like 3 identical little cubes of skin had been removed from each of the three places. They were very shocked and very concerned. They questioned her more about her experience and she explained they were very nice to her and such, they have a nice ship with lots of lights, etc, and then suddenly, in mid sentence, she completely forgot what she was talking about and jumped back into the confused state of mind that she was in before she told them all that shit. She was like, so why are you guys home early? Why is it dark out? What happend to the game of hide and seek? Very confused. They asked her more about the space ship and she looked at them like they were nuts. She claimed to have no memory of any space ship or anything and after they told her she told them a bunch of stuff she accused them of just playing around with her to try to freak her out or something. Then they showed her the bizarre and perfect markings on her skin and she said she had no idea how they got there. She didn't believe there was anything on her tongue and she went to a mirror to see for herself and there they were. When she got back from looking at her tongue she was really freaked out and my parents questioned her for a long time about everything. She expressed what can only be explained as "missing time", she remembered hiding in the broom closet and then a few minutes later her brother opened the door and found her. She swore on her soul that she never left that closet, and yet, she was NOT there, even my parents vouch for that. Her fear, complete confusion, and the way which she was telling them had them convinced that she was telling the total truth, my sister is a great person and has never lied or made up anything, in fact she is one of the most clear-headed and responsible people I've ever known.

M still remembers this day in her life, but she doesn't remember any space ship or anything. She doesn't even remember saying that stuff, all she remembers is hiding, being found, feeling extremely disoriented and confused, and then our parents told her she was saying all that alien shit and she didn't believe them. She remembers feeling very scared when she saw the weird markings on her body.

For some time after this my father tried to figure out how a 12 year old girl who is the perfect example of adolescent responsibility and who never lied in her life could so convincingly fabricate and execute this fiendish plan. He tried to find something in the apartment which she could use to create those perfect cube-shaped scoops in her skin with such surgical precision and uniformity. He tried to figure out why the hell a young girl would go to such lengths to spook them out and how she could lie to them so convincingly.

He couldn't figure it out, and no one else could either, so they really had no choice but to believe her story as a "possibility".

Had this been an isolated incident then maybe they could've dismissed it easily. My father had seen things prior to these occurances which completely freaked him out (space ships). He was too frightened to talk about it to us kids and whenever we asked him about it he always had the same answer: "Well, it's a big universe and there are things in it that we don't know about or understand." My sister told me years later that one time she begged him to tell her what he had seen that scared him so much and he explained that he himself had been abducted one night. He said he had complete recollection of everything and that the aliens had showed them around their ship and even explained how the engines work. It really freaked him out to talk about this, when a man as huge as my father has a cold sweat as the result of the fear of a memory, well that's just odd. There was an incident a few years before this when M was about 8, her 2 older brothers came quickly walking out of their bedroom, white as ghosts, and told her there was a ufo in the back yard. Thinking they were fucking with her she went and looked and there it was, and then it very suddenly and very very quickly shot straight up in the air and whizzed away. She was younger then so she's not sure about this, but my brothers still remember and assure us that it was real, they saw it and it scared the crap out of them for months afterwards.

Then there was the incident which involved me personally. I was 11 and M was 21. We were sleeping in the same bed when she was visiting us then as siblings in large families often do. So it's around 12:30 and we are starting to fall asleep. I heard a noise outside our window that sounded to me like an upright vacuum cleaner, just much louder and much deeper. At first it sounded faint and far way, but it was gradually getting louder. I open my eyes and there was a light coming into the room from the window. The light and the sound got louder/brighter. At its peak the sound was so fucking loud and the light was soooo bright that it bleached everything in the room into shades of light grey. I said "M, what the hell IS that!?" (scared out of my fucking mind) and she said "ssshh, go back to sleep". Peering from beneath the covers I watch as the noise and bright light fade till I can just barely hear the humming sound, and then I heard a swishing sound and it was gone. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep. The next morning when I woke up M was not in the bed. My brother came into the room and was smiling at me and I was totally freaked out and told him about the night before. M was in the living room freaking out, she claimed the aliens had talked to her in her head, told them some weird shit like she has a child they want her to meet, just general fucked up alien shit that had her near hyper-ventilating from fear. She didn't remember telling me to go back to sleep or seeing any light or hearing any sound, just the voice in her head. I told her about the noise and light and she was even more freaked out.

That morning me and my older brother B went out to look at that bedroom window from the outside. The window was on the ground floor. Behind our apartment on the side with the window there was only about 10 feet of space and then a tall solid wooden fence about 8 feet tall. On the other side of this fence right by our window was our neighbors shed, which was even taller than the fence. Next to the shed in the neighbors yard was a huge thick tree which futher obscured the area. The conclusion we drew was this: any light souce that would shine directly into our window would have to come from just outside the window and be small enough to fit between the apartment and the tall fence that was so close to it. If it could've been a car for example, the fence, shed, and huge tree blocked everything from the other yard/street. The light HAD to have come from right outside the window or else it would have to be very bright and be very high in the air.

I still don't know what happend and it still freaks me out to talk about this. How I wish I had the guts then to actually look out of the window but I was too terrified and paralysed with fear.

Years and years later my mother met up with her old neighbor who lived next door to us when my 2 older brothers claimed to have seen a ufo sitting in the back yard. He told her that he saw a ufo sitting in the backyard one day, and my mother said holy shit, my sons and daughter saw that too! Weird.

I don't even know what I think about all this. I just find it all very very odd. So many alien experiences coming from different members of our family spanning decades.. I can't quite believe it but I can't quite discount it either. It just seems like too many coincidences to me. We weren't the only family to see weird things like this either, not by a long shot.

Satori

This happened to a really good friend of ours, she's a wonderful and extremely honest person.

Her parents have a cottage which overlooks a lake. One day she was sitting in the cottage eating craft dinner alone when out the window she spotted a couple walking through the thick brush of the woods. The couple were dressed in wedding atire, they were a brided and groom. The clothing looked old, like several hundred years old. She watched them calmly walk past her cottage and continued watching till they were out of sight. She couldn't figure out how they could walk so easily through such thick brush and undergrowth. It really freaked her out and she wondered why the hell would a bride and groom drive 2 hours into the woods in their wedding attire to walk through the brush, and since the cloths looked so old-fashioned she was shocked that they would wear it cuz it was positively get ripped by the trees, particularly the large white wedding dress.

It was so odd and out of place that she convinced herself it must've been a dream or something. Then the next day she met up with a friend from a neighboring cottage and her friend said: holy fuck, yesterday I saw 2 ghosts, a bride and groom walking through the thick brush down by the lake. So it wasn't a dream, what the fuck was it? What kind of people put on old-fashioned wedding attire with all the trimmings to go walking through a fucking dense forest. Shit, I don't know what to think about this, too fucking weird.

Satori

hmm, I realize I get goose-bumps too easily. heh

I beleive, skeptic that I am, that everything that is, was, or ever will be "weird", has a very common and mundane explanation: it's bullshit. In the case of UFO's, where it's actually happened, it's not weird, as it would happen (if at all) by physics we can relate to- organisms intelligent enough to travel space have visited us. Plausible? maybe Implausible? maybe. possible? certainly.

I'm not so kind about the talk of psychic and ghost phenomena. I rule it out a priori.

Your story is a freaky one. I can only imagine what your neck of Canada is like. I believe you told it as you have heard it and seen it- it might be REAL. But as they say , seeing is believing. I won't get my boxers in a bunch until I have- concretely and tangibly- some alien probing my hoo-ha with a vengeance. :p

But this was funny Sat: "I was 11 and M was 21. We were sleeping in the same bed when she was visiting us then as siblings in large families often do. "

Nice narrative. But it sways me in no direction. I am a rock when it comes to these things.

me and my girlfriend have this reoccuring song that follows us round. we were sitting watching tv and this song came on (i had never heard it before) it goes something like "no chance...boom de boom...no chance...boob de boom". it was afucking wierd song. anyway, about 2 weeks l8r we were at a bowling alley, and the same damn song came on again.

its wierd, cos this song is ancient, and really gay to boot. ive never heard it sonce. freaky stuff:lol:

Originally posted by Satori

That was a great story. To an outsider such as myself it seems like a case of an active imagination however, do you feel it was? Do you have an opinion about whether or not what you saw originated from inside or outside of your mind? just curious,

Satori

I hope it was my imagination. I'd hate to think of things like that being real. There was alot of shit going on at that time, with my dad and all, so it was probably a manifestation of.....something. But it was freaky, none the less.

@Satori: Those stories were real..? :err: :eek:
@Katatonic289: Heh, same has happened to me. Or this: Some movie just pops into my head and try to remember what happened there, what the theme song was etc. And when I open the TV, the same damn movie is going on there :eek: It has also happened this way; I have seen a dream, I remember it when I wake up and when I open the TV, I see the same places there which were in my dream. Eh? :err: