Welcome back, Melancholia!!!

|ngenius said:
|ngenius (Who had to look back to the word leprachaun to write it down correctly)
and you still got it wrong :p
Now the string thing is to here how they pronounce it(which by the way I learned in Malcolm if I'm mistaken). In Spanish it would be leprecón. Strange.

@theredin...uhmmm I think that this forum is proving the contrary...I surely don't think you can't make friends on a forum ;)
Gaming also was a problem of mine which destroyed my social life, up to the point that I preferred staying home playing with my Nintendo than going out with my friends (but may be it's not the games fault but the wrong friends...who knows)
I had to quit gaming because of my studies...when I started the university I started a period where I had to study quite a lot and I also had a job, so gaming became less and less possible, and the more I played the more I shitted it up in studies and I couldn't stand just playing a bit...so I quitted totally...now after some years of no playing at all I think I could start playing a bit and I wouldn't get half addicted to it...also it's a nice way to spend time with the ones you love....(I had glorious evenings with my dad racing in Mario Kart!!! and with Lemmings! oh yeah!)

Well, in my own experience, I agree with Venancio, I think it is possible to make friendships through the net and keep them there without meeting the person, sure, it's nice if you get to meet someone, and some friendships fade too, but surprisingly for me, I'm still friends with most of the people from the golden age of DT forum that never existed, sure, to some of them I don't talk everyday, to some I send PMs with just a wave smiley to let them know I still stalk them but I'm too lazy too write something meaningful at the time, some of them ignored me in icq because they were video conferencing with greek trolls and some stopped replying my mails because they are lazy robo...bastards :p but I still feel some kind of bond, apart from that I do think the mood of the forum has somewhat changed since those days, like, the people doesn't engage in deep or interesting discussions that often anymore, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it's different, and then I have not been in the mood to post something longer than 3 lines in months.

|ngenius said:
Remember that I'm not talking about breaking up a friendship, strictly. I'm talking about people attending to the board, since I consider Phyros as a good friend of mine regardless the distance and absence of contact.

|ngenius.

uhmmmm....

@thanatos: I er...just a really sick bastard could do that to somebody on ICQ....but I'm quite sure that really sick bastard was quite in love :rolleyes: :p

fathervic (excuses ;) )