Welcome! Introductions and greets here

I'm Ryan, living in Melbourne. I pretty much joined up on the site just for this board haha.
I love and appreciate all types of music, and I'm a sucker for blending of styles...so NeO works perfectly for me.

Good morning beloved NeO forum :)
I will be making an effort to post, especially now that life is far less depressing for me on the going to gigs front!
Hope to catch up with everyone at Be'lakor next month!
Casey.

Hey everyone, I'm a new-ish poster from the Be'lakor forums and when I discovered you guys were on here too I decided I should come say hello :)
One of the Be'lakor guys (I think it may have been Steve) told me to check you guys out a few months ago, and since then I've been listening to those three tracks off your demo over and over again haha :p
I'm from Brisbane and have just finished school forever as of two weeks ago! I'm looking to get into the music industry in the future with a friend and fellow guitarist from school. We've been writing a lot of melodic death metal that incorporates a lot of symphonic and (oddly enough) Oriental Japanese elements. So hopefully in the coming years we'll put together a band and record some of the stuff :)

..And before anyone embarrasses themselves, no I am not the girl in my avatar :p

Thanks Svartwerk, it's progressing slowly at this stage coz my collaborator is currently in Japan, which makes things quite difficult as you'd imagine :)

If you want to hear some Japanese themed metal, check out Whispered:

They're really good, but I'm going for a more overall melodic sound, more similar to Insomnium than the Children of Bodom kind of sound that Whispered have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think it's time to introduce myself.

I first listened Portal of I as a friend of mine told me. He just said that it was gonna blow up my mind... and a hole in the sky. And it just happened since the first moment of the album.

I'm from Uruguay, my name (for real) is Hector, I'm 24, engineering student, teacher at highschool and developer with .NET and Sharepoint. I don't play any instrument, but I had my time with guitar and bass, and failed with both of them.

I'm a big fan of most classic progressive rock, and some heavy/power metal, mostly on a random basis. I just never thought of introducing some death or black metal. I tried with most of the standard bands, but I never got caught in it. But NeO got something really special.

See you soon, and I hope there would be any world tour (mainly over South America).

Keep a pointer to metal!

I hope this doesn't classify as gravedigging.

Listened to Portal of I a month or two ago and I loved it. I keep meaning to buy it off of iTunes, but I'm always distracted and end up spending the money on something else (this time I had $15 and spent it on Night is the New Day and My Arms, Your Hearse). Eventually, I'll remember to buy it. Looking forward to the new release(s) this year.