Welcome to the new Message Boards!!

Originally posted by OpethianSoul

I take it you are Melanie...my bro and I saw you at ProgPower II last year in Atlanta. You handed out flyers for The Iron Maidens and New Eden. He checked out both bands more after ProgPower and told me a little bit about each.

Welcome to the boards! PP2.0 totally ruled last year! Thank your brother for checking out the websites for me! :)

Are you going to PP3 this year?

I later realized that you were at ProgPower for Steel Prophet on the second day. We missed the second day, but I would have loved to have seen them.

It's a shame you missed Steel Prophet. They've had some major line-up changes recently. I believe Steve and Vince are still steel propheteering, but Rick is now singing for my old band New Eden (and he sounds phenomenal!!) i haven't heard the Steel Prophet album yet, but Book of the Dead is *still* on heavy rotation on my CD player.

You also missed Kamelot on the second day; I thought they did a great job. I had never heard them, but by the time I left Earthlink Live, I needed to add 'em to my CD Rack immediately.

What a great show! It's neat to see something like that happening in America, land o Ozzfest.

Thanks again for dropping by!!

Originally posted by bassbitch
Are you going to PP3 this year?
Indeed, we'll be attending this year as well. I can't wait to see Devin Townsend and Pain of Salvation. I am not too much into the whole power metal thing, but it will be interesting to see Blind Guardian. :D

Yeah, my brother wanted me to ask you if New Eden found a new vocalist. I wasn't aware that you are no longer with them. All of the line-up changes and intertwined bands has me somewhat confused. :)

I heard that Kamelot put on an excellent show. I also hate that I missed Evergrey and Spiral Architect...two bands which I really like. I believe Glenn said he'd try to get either Kamelot or Evergrey back every other year. I think I'll make it an annual tradition to make the trip to Atlanta. There definitely aren't very many decent festivals in the US. It's refreshing to see talented bands, and I'm glad ProgPower is finally getting the attention it deserves. It sold out in the first week this year.

Anyway, I'll probably try to stop by this forum from time to time. It's nice to actually talk to band members and see that they are down-to-earth unlike other bands with forums here. I won't name names...I definitely need to check out more of The Iron Maidens' music. :)

monkeyface.jpg

monkeyface!