Well I guess Nevermore needs a new guitarist

Well this is the Ron Jarzombek forum, so of course we're gonna be thinking that Ron would be a positive influence, most of you guys who've come over all of a sudden are from the Nevermore forum meaning that you're most likely already big fans of them, and feel that no other input is required...

I was wondering what happened to our neighborhood. I thought it was losers from Blabbermouth coming over.

Ron

no, no, I once spent a very brief amount of time on the Nevermore board, before realising that the majority there aren't actually that interesting in productive, constructive musical discussion, but would rather spend their time flaming other bands as well as each other... :err:

This place perhaps doesn't have as much discussion, but when it does, its always excellent... :cool:

hows the instructional dvd coming along?

I was wondering what happened to our neighborhood. I thought it was losers from Blabbermouth coming over.

Ron

Nevermind, Ron, the Neverboard has more than its fair share of Nevertrollz - notable exceptions to trolldom like Will and a few others too, of course. Not worth your time, although joining the band might be...

Not sure how realistic any of this is, anyway, but if you'd be up for it and Jeff, Warrel and co as well, I think it might just provide Nevermore the creative kick up the butt it needs these days. I was a Sanctuary fan, saw their last show in Seattle, saw the first Nevermore show there too, and love their early work, but I think they need some new "blood" to move on from the material of their last three albums. Not that it was bad, but I think Jeff and Warrel need some new ideas in one direction or another to make their material more exciting, different, progressive, call it what you will. No better candidate in that respect than you!

But more importantly: what's happening right now? Any cool news from the BS front or otherwise?

New ideas are never a bad thing. Unless they are bad ideas, like "hey let's do a lounge version of American Idiot, and get Bill Clinton to do a guest Saxophone solo".

Or a bad example of a good idea :p

But we'll see what happens - Jeff and Warrel are working on their solo albums and it might be a while before they decide which way to go forward. I think Ron would be great for Nevermore and still hope some other good things might come out of it. James Murphy is also being mentioned on the Neverboard, but however great a player he may be, a composer he is not, unfortunately, which would make him a far less interesting addition to the band. And if there's anything cool to report, I'm sure Ron will let us know about when the time comes!

Exactly, someone who can bring new songwriting ideas to the table, rather than just playing what Jeff tells him to and doing the occasional solo, would be much better, for any band (without the Jeff bit I suppose).

I can't imagine Nevermore allowing Ron to contribute to the songwriting. There's a reason the last 5 guitarists they've had have only been touring guitarists. When they let the 2nd dude contribute, like on Dreaming Neon Black, they get their best work. They don't want that to happen again. This is said as a rabid Nevermore fan, mind you.

I can't imagine Nevermore allowing Ron to contribute to the songwriting. There's a reason the last 5 guitarists they've had have only been touring guitarists. When they let the 2nd dude contribute, like on Dreaming Neon Black, they get their best work. They don't want that to happen again. This is said as a rabid Nevermore fan, mind you.

What? You wouldn't want Nevermore to make another awesome album?

Oh yeah, first post in this forum! Hows everyone here? Been actually lurking this forum for awhile...

:)

Whooosh. That's the sound of the joke going over your head. I was just poking fun at the fact that their best album was also the one where they let someone else contribute. They're still an awesome band, but they're kind of stuck in the Jeff writes the music, Warrel writes the lyrics mode and don't seem to be open to trying anything else.

would be a great addition to the band. unfortunately i don't think many of the nevermore fans would react well. over at the nevermore forum, they don't like prog/technical metal very much....

i think it would be sick though.

Ah, not all of them are like that, like Will, Karen and some others, but it's true that there's more than a fair fraction of high school types who don't care to look beyond your Trivium and A7X... O well!

Speaking of 'prog metal' bands, I went to see SymPhony X last Saturday :p
Should you care to check out the not very spectacular shots, take a look:
http://home.unet.nl/martin/SXWeb/SymphonyX.html
The ones I took of Ron with Marty at the same (ill lit) place last year were rather better, but the place was so packed that I had to take refuge on the balcony to try and get some shots...

Anyhoot, slightly off-topic, but again, if there's something to report, I'm sure Ron will let us know whenever he feels it's appropriate.